PDA

View Full Version : Found this today need some advice

Oneil1979
11-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Got out for a hour today started scouting around other areas of my 1880s permission and this popped out! Not sure what it is so any ideas are appreciated. I am also looking for advice on cleaning in an attempt to get some of the dirt off? Looks pretty old to me, its hammered and slighlty off centered. I can make out a bust on the front and some lettering on the back.could be a button but is pretty heavy and thick for a button. Appreciate any feedback.

Full Metal Digger
11-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Looks like a Roman coin.

lee
11-03-2017, 02:28 PM
think your right,roman coin, and from what i can see on it it looks like a Constantin the great c. 272 AD – 337 AD).
great find mate,i think that's 7 found in hew England now,Ive got 2 of them

OxShoeDrew
11-03-2017, 05:33 PM
think your right,roman coin, and from what i can see on it it looks like a Constantin the great c. 272 AD – 337 AD).
great find mate,i think that's 7 found in hew England now,Ive got 2 of them I think it takes a European to sniff them out! :lol:
Unreal find!!! I hope you find out exactly what it is and how to care for it!! :congrats:

Oneil1979
11-03-2017, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback when I popped it first thing that came to mind was roman!! Was kinda shaking:) But couldnt comprehend what it would be doing in the suburbs of philadelphia, turns out soldiers from WW1 and WW2 brought some back as souvenirs someone lost it and I am thankful to have it I will post another picture when I get around to cleaning and preserving it.