PDA

View Full Version : Heading over to the UK in March 2018 - anyone been before?

Ken C
11-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Hey all,

I just reserved a spot with www.metaldetectingholidays.com for the March 2018 tour with Brandon. I would love to dig a Roman and they look like they've been pretty successful. Has anyone else been on these tours? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

Ill Digger
11-05-2017, 05:46 PM
Not yet Ken, but Jeff "Firefighter 43" and I have spots booked for February 21 through March 3rd 2018! It's our first trips to the UK. We're going through the Colchester detecting club. This is something Jeff mentioned to me about 6 years ago. He said when he retired his retirement gift to himself was going to be a detecting vacation in the UK. He said he'd like it if I could possibly go along with him when the time came. Well this spring he posts this http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/showthread.php?20651-Retired!!

Then he text me and asked me if I wanted to go to England with him! [emoji44] I guess he he was serious about that.[emoji28]

So here we go....

Im getting excited!! Only 3 and a half months to go!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OxShoeDrew
11-05-2017, 06:06 PM
WOW, you guys are heroes!!! :notworthy: Wish I could do that....I hope you have a great time, Ken... and make us proud!!

Fire Fighter 43
11-05-2017, 07:11 PM
Ken, I’m sure you will get some Roman finds. It should be a detecting trip of a lifetime. Good luck and make sure you post your finds on the forum.
Tim, Illdigger explained it all. I have never been so excited about a trip and can’t wait till we go. I’m planning on documenting my whole trip through social media, twitter, Facebook and YouTube. I’ll post up some details before the trip if anyone wants to follow me.

Digger_O'Dell
11-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Sounds like an awesome trip guys! And to think i was excited about finding a buffalo nickel....:lol: