PDA

View Full Version : River swimming hole finds

Fire Fighter 43
11-08-2017, 07:33 PM
I located another old river swimming hole through some old articles and using old aerial photos. I wanted to get in the river for a hunt before it got too cold just to prove my research was correct. The conditions were tough high trash, severe EMI and muck. The river bends at the point of the swimming hole and actually reverses the current which seems to drop a lot of sentiment causing muck. I detected the shoreline out to about 5 feet for 7 hours with pretty good luck. I was using the Deus and the 9” high frequency coil set at 28khz which made a big difference dealing with the EMI. I tried the 11” coil and it was very noisy in all three frequency. My very first target was a 1936 Buffalo Nickel, that got me excited. Then the trash started coming in pouch fulls. I probably dug 50 lead sinkers and several rotted cans. All the worked did payoff with some silver. I had a total of 5 silvers, a 43 Walker, a ND SLQ and 3 Washington’s. Also found another ND Buffalo and 3 wheats. I was skunked on gold and only found 1 ring. I thought it was strange that I did not find more jewelry or swim buckles. With the cold weather coming hunt 2 will have to wait until spring.

Digger Don
11-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Looks like your research paid off big time!!
That's a nice bunch of Silver!!
Good luck on your next visit!

Ill Digger
11-08-2017, 09:18 PM
That says alot! Your hunch payed off! :yes:
Great keeper pile! All big silvers!
Congrats!

Digger_O'Dell
11-09-2017, 09:14 AM
Great job finding another swim hole and extracting some nice silver!

Full Metal Digger
11-09-2017, 11:35 AM
That great finds for a first time hit at a new site. I bet next spring you'll find some honey holes there where the coins aggregate! Can't wait to see what you'll find. Just don't let the Chicago Poachers Club get wind of it! LOL. HH, Dave.

Hiluxyota
02-21-2018, 07:55 PM
That swimming cap buckle alone proves you’re in the right spot. , nice pile of silver is also a good sign !! There’s definitely gold in there for sure. Looks like a later era hole from the coins , but still a hole full of silver and gold!!

Cooper
02-21-2018, 09:31 PM
Congrats on the finds now if spring would just get here so we can get back at it

Cheap Thrills
02-22-2018, 09:16 PM
Nice finds , great going !