PDA

View Full Version : Another Incredible Day Detecting with Don!

Full Metal Digger
11-19-2017, 11:07 PM
Hey Diggers,
Any hunt with silver AND gold is a great hunt indeed! Don and I tried a new town and both had good success at the old courthouse and later at a house that dates to 1849. I found a 10K 1971 class ring and it does have initials so I will be trying to return it to it's original owner. I dug a bunch of wheat cents, a couple silvers and the best V nickel I ever dug! Of course, no hunt is complete without the standard Princess Pat compact! Thanks for buying my dinner Don. It was a pretty good cheeseburger! Thanks for looking and HH to everyone! Dave.

Lodge Scent
11-20-2017, 08:00 AM
Great hunt Dave. Silver, gold, copper aluminum, steel, brass, nickel .....and a cheese burger !

I really like that health crusader token. Don't recall ever seeing one of those before.

wisconsin digger
11-20-2017, 08:31 AM
Great Hun, congrats on the potpourri of finds. You guys definitely find some unique items. Thx for posting WD

Ken C
11-20-2017, 09:06 AM
That's a cool group of finds. The WH token is cool and the V nickel is in great shape. Congrats! :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
11-20-2017, 09:46 AM
As usual a great pile of keepers. Love that token, super clean V and I hope you are successful returning that ring. :thumbsup02:

del
11-20-2017, 12:59 PM
What a great and well rounded hunt Dave :notworthy: Militaria , jewelry , silver and gold , choice coins and tokens and Don lost the bet and had to foot the bill with dinner oh my ! :lol: Well done sir !!:clapping:

Noah
11-20-2017, 08:06 PM
And I look forward to meeting you guys out there real soon. ��

Full Metal Digger
11-20-2017, 08:36 PM
And I look forward to meeting you guys out there real soon. ��

Noah, you'll like this town. It's dripping with old coins and relics!

Bucknut
11-21-2017, 06:29 AM
Awesome finds! That V is really nice. Hope you can find the owner of that ring... that would make their day!

Digger_O'Dell
11-21-2017, 06:40 AM
Lots of great stuff, love that V nic and class ring! Please update on your search for the owner when you find out anything. Gotta love how nice those coins come out. Congrats on a fine hunt!

Digger Don
11-21-2017, 10:30 AM
First, thanks for not telling everyone that 3 of those coins you dug were from an area I already hit. :hairpulling:( in my defense, I did find 3 Silvers in that area )
I must have been day dreaming. LOL . at least they got found!

Second, Congrats on a great day of digging nice coins & relics.
I hope we can get back there soon.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Don

Noah
11-21-2017, 12:27 PM
Think you need to give all those finds to a local archaeologist. I'll give you my address, I mean their address. :hystericallaugh:

Cheap Thrills
11-21-2017, 12:36 PM
Nicely done ! Congrats on another great day of hunting .

Tony Two-Cent
11-21-2017, 04:32 PM
Another wonderful hunt for you, Dave! You always do such a great job researching your finds. There is so much history to be learned from the objects we find in the ground.

It should be easy to find the owner of that gold class ring. Everyone who has broadband internet knows that DSL stands for "Digital Subscriber Line". :lol:

Tony Two-Cent
11-22-2017, 12:48 PM
p.s. Seeing your Modern Health Crusaders tokens reminded me of this pin I found back in the 1980s. I was just reading up on this program and apparently the K.B. stands for "Knight Banneret" which the child would receive of they sold 500 Christmas Seals.

Here is a very good website about the modern Health Crusaders that shows all of the tokens and pins:

http://www.vintagekidstuff.com/mhc/mhc.html

Full Metal Digger
11-22-2017, 03:37 PM
Wow Tony, I like your pin way better than mine! Here's what mine looked like originally.