PDA

View Full Version : Another Episode of " Diggin with Dave "

Digger Don
11-21-2017, 08:34 PM
I met up with Dave again for another courthouse hunt and then some door knocking. The courthous has obviously been pounded to death, but we did manage to dig one good coin each. Mine was a 1905 Indian . After that we hit 2 or 3 houses with very little luck, All I dug was an advertising thimble, token and a few wheats. The thimble says "Use Ardee Flour"

After a late lunch, Dave got us a permission at an 1849 corner house. We both did much better at this house.
Everything else in the photos came from this house.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!

Full Metal Digger
11-21-2017, 08:50 PM
It was a fun day Don! Like you always say "it just takes one house!" I didn't know you found part of a cufflink too. I like the way that sandy soil was gentle on those coppers. We got to find a largie or 2-cent in that town! I'm sure they look amazing from that soil. Thanks for buying my cheeseburger too! Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Digger_O'Dell
11-21-2017, 10:14 PM
Awesome hunt guys, congrats! Love those old tokens and the Chinese coin. I'm yet to find on of those. I agree, the soil was kind to those coppers.

Lodge Scent
11-22-2017, 08:53 AM
Great hunt Don. A lot of nice finds. Your homework assignment for the holiday is to figure out the date of the Chinese coin for us. ;)

aloldstuff
11-22-2017, 05:43 PM
Don, great hunting. Love your tokens and that skeleton key is a beauty. Of course the silvers and IH's are sweet....:thumbsup02:

Digger Don
11-25-2017, 11:30 PM
Great hunt Don. A lot of nice finds. Your homework assignment for the holiday is to figure out the date of the Chinese coin for us. ;)I have no idea. I've been told they are from the 1700s.

Ill Digger
11-26-2017, 10:06 AM
You guys always do good on your hunts!
You got some nice keepers there Don :thumbsup01:
As you know tokens are a favorite of mine.
Congrats :grin:

OxShoeDrew
11-26-2017, 03:07 PM
This is the site I use to get the date off cast/cash coins http://www.calgarycoin.com/reference/china/chinaid.htm
Unreal day, Don! :drool: Some real oldies!! :congrats:

Tony Two-Cent
11-30-2017, 11:03 AM
Nice bunch of finds, Don! That one yard really paid off big time! It had a little bit of everything. That 1879 Indian Head is worn but it has a nice patina.

:congrats: