PDA

View Full Version : Some Interesting Tokens!

Bell-Two
11-22-2017, 07:27 PM
We made a second visit to our new permission and we found some interesting items. Diane and I both found matching tokens and the odd thing is that Diane had found the same token about 3 months ago at a house about two miles away from this field site! She also found a nice Skeleton key and some other odd bits. I found a broken brass picture frame and another piece of decorated brass and a very large sad iron which is in the process of being cleaned. We were also able to find the second site in the adjoining field. Considering we only were out for an hour and a half I thought we did well. Still working on getting my leg better so I was happy.

Digger_O'Dell
11-22-2017, 08:32 PM
Same token, how odd is that? Congrats on a great hunt!

Full Metal Digger
11-22-2017, 08:32 PM
Looks like a good site with a nice variety of finds. Is it cut beans or are you swinging around the corn stubble? Best wishes and HH, Dave.

calabash digger
11-22-2017, 08:47 PM
great finds!

Bell-Two
11-22-2017, 08:57 PM
Looks like a good site with a nice variety of finds. Is it cut beans or are you swinging around the corn stubble? Best wishes and HH, Dave.

It is a bean field Dave, which is good for my leg makes walking a bit easier. The wind was really strong and walking into the wind was tough!

aloldstuff
11-23-2017, 10:43 AM
Great finds. Amazing about the tokens.....:thumbsup02:

Digger Don
11-23-2017, 11:27 AM
Very cool tokens Tony. I hope the other field produces well for you as well.
Take care of that leg!!!

Donnie B
11-23-2017, 04:11 PM
Congratulations on the tokens. I love tokens and dug and collected them back in my early days of detecting. I checked the online token catalog and noticed that you reported this find and it is listed as unknown. I suspect that they are very early 1900's saloon or bar tokens. You may be able to attribute the tokens through old Dun and Bradstreet's if you can locate copies. I have several for KY and TN but none for Ohio. I also suspect that Billie's Place would have been located in a town or community very near you as you have now found three of the tokens.