PDA

View Full Version : One of Those Days

fyrffytr1
11-22-2017, 10:58 PM
I got off work early so I decided to hit a new permission for a couple hours. I wasn't too excited about the site because I could tell it was very trashy.
I moved about 5 feet from my truck and tried to ground balance my DFX without success. I moved over a couple feet and got it balanced so I swung the coil back over the first spot and got a good signal. It turned out to be a 1941 D wheat penny. Nice start I thought to myself. The next finds were pieces of aluminum and several of those slate shingle nails.
Then I got a loud signal but it jumped from the 60s to the 90s and was only three inches deep. It had to be a soda can but I dug it anyway. I was surprised when a 1943 dime popped out. I ran the coil back over the hole and still got the same erratic signal so I took another plug. I stared down at a 1945 half dollar! There was still a signal coming from the hole but it was now a solid 69. It was a 1946 wheat penny.
I hunted for about an hour digging a lot of clad dimes and memorial cents but nothing newer than the 70s. I also got three pieces of jewelry two rabies tags, an Alabama tax token and a Buick emblem.
I looked at my watch and realized that I had been at it four hours and I was getting tired so I started a path back to my truck. I got another good signal and dug a 1942 dime. Two feet away I got my last signal of the day and pulled the wing pin from 6 inches down. I ended up with 10 wheats, 12 memorials, 3 clad dimes and a 1964 nickel.

Digger_O'Dell
11-23-2017, 12:07 AM
Sounds like a great hunt! Love that coin spill, got the whole gamut of coins. Always nice to see a walker in the hole,. :thumbsup02:

OxShoeDrew
11-23-2017, 05:10 AM
:wow:That's a lot of really good targets! Your area has great rabies tags :) Beautiful hunt!

Full Metal Digger
11-23-2017, 06:56 AM
Great finds, looks like a wonderful spot to detect! The USAF pilot wings are a bucket list item for me. Best wishes and HH Dave.

del
11-23-2017, 07:50 AM
that is a great coin spill !! I love my DFX , it has great target Id even with multiple targets under the coil. congrats and thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Lodge Scent
11-23-2017, 09:18 AM
Great looking SLQ! Lots of nice finds. Love that Buick emblem.

aloldstuff
11-23-2017, 10:46 AM
I can see how the time got away from you......great finds.

Robbie
11-23-2017, 07:07 PM
That's a great hunt, I can see how time goes by also when your finding stuff like that. Your walker half is still on my list.

calabash digger
11-24-2017, 08:36 AM
love that silver!