PDA

View Full Version : Finds since my Fall update post on the 19th

Iron Patch
11-23-2017, 08:27 PM
Still rolling! :yes:

fyrffytr1
11-23-2017, 10:02 PM
I am impressed! I thought finding a 1945 half dollar was something but compared to your finds it's not.

aloldstuff
11-24-2017, 07:14 AM
That's a honker of a gold ring....:thumbsup02:. Second picture, what is that large coin?

The Rebel
11-24-2017, 07:23 PM
Some really great finds IP! Just out of curiosity are the sites up your way pounded as much as they are in New England? Are there a lot of other detectorists around?

Iron Patch
12-11-2017, 05:43 AM
Some really great finds IP! Just out of curiosity are the sites up your way pounded as much as they are in New England? Are there a lot of other detectorists around?

Sorry I'm slow to get back here and reply, but I am back for good reason. :)

To answer your question there was a little competition for the best old sites for the first several years I hunted, but now next to nothing. There may be a few newbies floating around, but if I research and find a good potential site if it wasn't done a decade ago it's good to go. So basically the only battle is if I am able to keep a steady flow of ideas going for fairly old sites, and this Fall I have been able to do that. We always hit the old favorites after the plow, but that's basically only once a year, but we do have quite a long list of them. Often times my friend and I do have a good total to post after each hunt, and it's often assumed we just drove 10 minutes, dug all the stuff out of one field and went home. When the reality is even a new site very rarely even lasts us a day, and we usually knock on multiple doors and try several fields each time out. I have become quite good at keeping my ideas ahead of our coils and it has paid off with the best Fall detecting season we have ever had.

Bucknut
12-12-2017, 10:44 AM
You sir, have found some amazing history! Thanks for sharing!

calabash digger
12-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Dude! YOU LIVE IN RELIC HEAVEN .... lol amazing finds you post.