PDA

View Full Version : Last Few Weeks of Hunts

OxShoeDrew
11-25-2017, 09:32 AM
I hope everyone is having a fun weekend! :)
The last few weeks of finds have been coming in dribs and drabs.
Highlights-
1769 GeoIII Hibernia
Dateless, holed matron
1st complete ball button
Innards of a "California Watch Co." "Boston, MA" pocket watch.

Thanks!

Digger_O'Dell
11-25-2017, 06:17 PM
Very nice! Got some coppers, some old buttons, and even some cool bale seals. I would call that good hunting any time!

Lodge Scent
11-25-2017, 09:53 PM
Nice array of finds Drew. A couple of coppers too ! Nice hit on that ball button. I'd like to dig one someday :envious:

OxShoeDrew
11-26-2017, 03:15 PM
Thank you, Chris! :)
Jeff, I bet you've dug many ball buttons minus the shank part, just the "ball" part. I have quite a few of those, but to get the entire button seems rare. I wonder how many complete ones Dan has. Probably a wheelbarrow full :lol:

del
11-26-2017, 11:28 PM
Nice finds Drew , your Hibernia has an odd looking head . Meaning it almost looks like the head type or outline on the regular British half pennies and not usually on the Hibernia's . I love seeing the file marks on the shoe and knee buckles , just proof of the workmanship and pride they had in every piece .

Jeff, I bet you've dug many ball buttons minus the shank part, just the "ball" part. I have quite a few of those, but to get the entire button seems rare. I wonder how many complete ones Dan has. Probably a wheelbarrow full :lol:

Dan only has a handful of nice undented complete examples . ;)

Lodge Scent
11-27-2017, 08:31 AM
Dan only has a handful of nice undented complete examples . ;)

Shanked or shankless......Not a one for Jeff

aloldstuff
11-29-2017, 05:37 PM
Very nice group of keepers. I only have one ball button with shank congrats on yours. Nice group of bale seals, I just put all that I have into one of my displays. :thumbsup02: