PDA

View Full Version : Weekend finds - Silver & Washington got shot

catskillcomics
08-30-2010, 07:23 AM
Started this weekend meeting up with Hockeyguy , didn't find much, except for an 1894 Indian Head Penny, religious medal & a lead Middletown/Erie railroad Security seal.
Sunday I did a quick 1 hour hunt over at the local HS, found a few wheaties, 1911 Barber & 1943 War Nickel. Also found a Clad quarter which looks like it got shot...
Was going to back out later in the day, but ended up working on the riding mower for 1/2 the day & loading Firewood....Ugggh

jkress
08-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Also found a Clad quarter which looks like it got shot...

.... come on now, admit you hit that one with your digger. lol ..... just kidding.

That's a lot of nice coinage again. Congrats and keep it up.

del
08-30-2010, 05:02 PM
hey Scott very nice looking barber , and indians are great to find as well . the lead seals are very sought after collectibles to some and thats in nice shape but probably a common type .time to do some research . congrats

angellionel
08-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Good hunt, Scott. Barbers are always nice. thumbsup01

coinnut
08-30-2010, 06:49 PM
.... come on now, admit you hit that one with your digger. lol ..... just kidding.

I don't think he hit it with his digger. I hear he has been trying dynamite to get them coins out of that rock hard ground a little easier. A liitle bit lighter on the TNT there Scott lol That looks like a pretty good size hole on that quarter. Come on you gun guys.... 38 cal or ?? Rest of the items are real nice :drool:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-30-2010, 07:06 PM
nice barber! thumbsup01