PDA

View Full Version : Another Token and Big Iron!

Bell-Two
11-27-2017, 02:37 PM
Continuing my rehab we went again to the bean field where we have had some luck. And amazingly another "Billies Place" token turned up...this is the third that we have found there, I said to Diane "Maybe this is where Billies Place was located"! Not much else was found except some big iron...literally and figuratively a big Sad Iron which I found the hunt before and a nice Shingle Hatchet this time. After this we went to a cornfield that in the past has given us much but not this time and since my leg was starting to really hurt we called it a day. Was able to go two hours today so every day I hope to be able to stretch it out more.

OxShoeDrew
11-27-2017, 05:43 PM
Wow, carrying that iron around might have burdened your knee! :lol: I'm glad you are making progress and congrats on the cool finds

Digger_O'Dell
11-27-2017, 08:42 PM
Nice finds, and yeah, bet lugging all that iron around must have been a bear.

del
11-27-2017, 09:17 PM
No doubt that "Billies place" was a popular hangout with the laborers and nearby , Congrats on the vintage iron and shingle hatchet Tony . Glad to see you getting out still !

Dan

Bell-Two
11-28-2017, 08:56 AM
Nice finds, and yeah, bet lugging all that iron around must have been a bear.

Well my sweet wife carried it for me .... Now that is a real digging partner!

Lodge Scent
11-28-2017, 12:39 PM
If my wife ever complains about the $120 German made iron she bought recently, I will show her a picture of the one you dug.

aloldstuff
11-29-2017, 05:40 PM
Glad to hear that the leg is getting better, try not to push it. Those old irons are heavy, Diane is a sweetheart for sure...:thumbsup02:.

BTV Digger
12-03-2017, 03:52 PM
Another nice token Tony, and congrats! Good to see you getting out.

John

Cooper
12-03-2017, 09:22 PM
Some cool finds is that a harmonica Reed I think I've found about 8 of those so far around old Homesites must have been alot of people play those years ago