PDA

View Full Version : NEW SITES AND NOT MUCH FOR ME

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Gary and me found a few new sites way into the woods.
as we were walkin i saw some yellowed lillies in a overgrown area.
i stopped and said gotta be something in here. a barely noticeable small pile of stones overgrown with vegetation.no cellar hole
Gary said ya sure this is a site? has to be i said.
started swinging..got a pewter handle a broken bell and 2 buttons.
he yells got a copper! next i get a nice qtr reading at 3 inches.the coin flips out.all i excited i yell i think i got a half cent!!!!!!!!!
1979 clad qtr :bangahead01:
he walked away with a beautiful 1812 Large date classic head and a war of 1812 one piece eagle button with straight shank :crying02: (no excelsior wording)
think i been cursed since finding the GW and Fugio crying01

coinnut
08-30-2010, 05:56 PM
lol Not your day!! I hate when that happens :ticked: Your not cursed. That is the odds catching up with you 8/ I think last time he got skunked, so it all balances out. I bet that site will produce more if you guys go back.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-30-2010, 06:19 PM
lol Not your day!! I hate when that happens :ticked: Your not cursed. That is the odds catching up with you 8/ I think last time he got skunked, so it all balances out. I bet that site will produce more if you guys go back.

the sites are so overgrown it's frustrating.gonna go back early winter or spring for sure

coinnut
08-30-2010, 06:41 PM
the sites are so overgrown it's frustrating.gonna go back early winter or spring for sure

It will be too late by then. Del and I will have hit it repeatedly lol We have a GPS hidden in the sole of your boot 8)

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-30-2010, 07:15 PM
It will be too late by then. Del and I will have hit it repeatedly lol We have a GPS hidden in the sole of your boot 8)

lol rofl i had a feeling.always hearing planes overhead every hunt. you guys are getting too high tech :thinkingabout:

del
08-30-2010, 07:42 PM
hey its about time you had some reality set in there mister , GW's and fugios and usa buttons don't grow on trees you know . lol lol lol :teasing: just teasing ya Dave . hey for what its worth your getting better at spotting sites and that in it self will net you more finds buddy , the items look pretty old too. hey you got to get Gary to register on here and post some of the nice finds he's had lately as i have'nt seen him post on the other one much.

//////////////////on another note.///////////////////////

Hey be extra careful out in them woods , i was talking with Chris who was out this last sunday around the east hamden area alone and was almost run down by a deer (which spooked him enough ) :shocked04:stretcher: but what really was scarey was the 150 lbs. mountain lion chasing it . :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:(i know the guy and he wouldn't lie about something like that) he really thought he was a dead man so be careful and always go with someone .

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-30-2010, 08:46 PM
hey its about time you had some reality set in there mister , GW's and fugios and usa buttons don't grow on trees you know . lol lol lol :teasing: just teasing ya Dave . hey for what its worth your getting better at spotting sites and that in it self will net you more finds buddy , the items look pretty old too. hey you got to get Gary to register on here and post some of the nice finds he's had lately as i have'nt seen him post on the other one much.

//////////////////on another note.///////////////////////

Hey be extra careful out in them woods , i was talking with Chris who was out this last sunday around the east hamden area alone and was almost run down by a deer (which spooked him enough ) :shocked04:stretcher: but what really was scarey was the 150 lbs. mountain lion chasing it . :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:(i know the guy and he wouldn't lie about something like that) he really thought he was a dead man so be careful and always go with someone .

wow a mountain lion? :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:
i know we seen some real big piles of bear crap near some site..so i got some pepper spray on my belt and my mauler shovel as a back up :beatdeadhorse:
i doubt gary will register.. like you said he hardly posts on tnet.you guys be careful too! ;)

Epi-hunter
08-30-2010, 08:52 PM

That was always my worst fear when detecting in the woods when living in Iowa. There were mountain lions spotted there. I felt more vulnerable with the Grey Ghosts on, although in reality it wouldn't matter if I heard it coming or not, I would have been a goner either way.

Hang in there Dave. :) I have enjoyed viewing all your great finds this past many months.

coinnut
08-30-2010, 09:14 PM
One of the things I have been meaning to add to my pouch rofl is a can of wasp spray. It shoots 15-20 feet and if you hit them in the face they will stop long enough to let you run like you haven't run since highschool lol

tanacat
08-30-2010, 11:58 PM
Makes you wonder who dropped that clad quarter out in the middle of nowhere... although it is a 40 yr old coin. Maybe someone else looking for cellar holes to detect - ya never know lol

coinnut
08-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Makes you wonder who dropped that clad quarter out in the middle of nowhere... although it is a 40 yr old coin. Maybe someone else looking for cellar holes to detect - ya never know lol

Nope, bathroom stop. rofl

tanacat
08-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Nope, bathroom stop. rofl

Ooooh :eyebrow: and butters touched it! lol

coinnut
08-31-2010, 04:58 PM

rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-01-2010, 07:31 AM

guess i gotta come up with a nickname for you now huh Tana? :devilish:

tanacat
09-01-2010, 09:14 AM
guess i gotta come up with a nickname for you now huh Tana? :devilish:

How about morning sunshine queen of detecting... or something along those lines? :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-01-2010, 09:47 AM
How about morning sunshine queen of detecting... or something along those lines? :grin:

coppacat,coppercat? :confused: thumbsup01

tanacat
09-01-2010, 08:16 PM
coppacat,coppercat? :confused: thumbsup01

lol you guys have found so many coppers! I was just looking at your siggys and all your finds- you, Dan and G.... It is a joke that you're keeping track of your oxknobs right? :thinkingabout:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-01-2010, 08:22 PM
lol you guys have found so many coppers! I was just looking at your siggys and all your finds- you, Dan and G.... It is a joke that you're keeping track of your oxknobs right? :thinkingabout:

nope no joke on the oxknobs.i'm detemined to win that crown :cheesysmile:

coinnut
09-01-2010, 08:22 PM

Yeah, the ox knob crown is one crown no one is really trying to get lol I'm losing big time since I think I have only found 2 or 3 ox knobs. that means I'm due :-\ Our coppers are hopefully going to pick up from now until the end of the year. the nice weather is coming and I have to hit my goal of 50 coppers or Del will pick on me lol

I just read you post Dave... I stand corrected...someone IS trying to win. Good luck guy lol

sniffy
09-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Was focusing deeply at a site yesterday and finnaly stood up to look around, and once again a black bear stains my breeches. This one was a male and larger than normal....he had 2 tags in his ears and looked like he was interested in what I was doin. Black bears are normally docile but Ive heard horror stories. Now on the other hand, what do you do about a 150 lb athletic killing machine? A bear you just might have a slight chance to bob and weave a bit, but a cat....I gotta stop thinkin about this. If it happens.......it happens I guess.

coinnut
09-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Was focusing deeply at a site yesterday and finnaly stood up to look around, and once again a black bear stains my breeches. This one was a male and larger than normal....he had 2 tags in his ears and looked like he was interested in what I was doin. Black bears are normally docile but Ive heard horror stories. Now on the other hand, what do you do about a 150 lb athletic killing machine? A bear you just might have a slight chance to bob and weave a bit, but a cat....I gotta stop thinkin about this. If it happens.......it happens I guess.

Hey, You ain't harrassing the wildlife are you :eyebrow: :eyebrow: lol Stop picking on the bears ;) Don't worry, if they really want you, I don't think you would be around to type this :cheesysmile: How's the hunting been lately?..we have toget together for a hunt. thumbsup01

sniffy
09-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Hey, You ain't harrassing the wildlife are you :eyebrow: :eyebrow: lol Stop picking on the bears ;) Don't worry, if they really want you, I don't think you would be around to type this :cheesysmile: How's the hunting been lately?..we have toget together for a hunt. thumbsup01
Yeah, I'd say if a big ole bear wanted to munch on my bones it could! :shocked04: Huntins been good George <:...SPanish silver (1808 2 Reale) Seated dime 4 coppers and a slew of buttons in the last month or so....Hey let me know when you wanna go...Im always up for a hunt.

coinnut
09-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I'd say if a big ole bear wanted to munch on my bones it could! :shocked04: Huntins been good George <:...SPanish silver (1808 2 Reale) Seated dime 4 coppers and a slew of buttons in the last month or so....Hey let me know when you wanna go...Im always up for a hunt.

SWEET finds. You been doing good my friend. :clapping: Spanish silver :drool: :drool: lol We'll have to get together in a couple of weeks.