PDA

View Full Version : A fun yard - doorknock

local_coins
11-29-2017, 09:18 PM
Last Saturday I left early with my detector to get some time in before the ground gets too hard. So far, the weather has been mild in Michigan.

I hit a couple of spots including a park and one of my rentals (built in 1915) but wasn't having much luck so I decided to switch it up and get a permission.

This yard was an absolute blast! The signals were strong, shallow and silver! There were also several spills.

My first good target was a silver dime at only about 4 inches. There was another target in the hole - a wheatie. There was yet another high tone adjacent to the first plug which turned out to be another silver dime!

Here is a shot of the two plugs side-by-side:
I was working street-to-house after detecting the perimeter and along the driveway and walkway. I soon got another good high-tone and dug a Merc and a wheatie in the same hole! These signals were so good I could hardly believe it - nothing like the signals at iron-infested homesteads. It was extremely refreshing.

I picked up another silver dime before I switched directions and hit the whole thing again. I am glad I did because I picked up one more silver Rosie completely on edge and only 2 inches deep. I did not even hear this signal on the first pass as I was swinging parallel with the direction the coin was on edge. It gave a great signal from perpendicular and it ended up in my pouch!

A great hunt - 4 silver Rosies, a Merc, 6 wheats, 3 spills, 1 silver spill!

Digger_O'Dell
11-29-2017, 09:45 PM
Good hunt for sure, congrats!

aloldstuff
11-30-2017, 06:00 AM
Definitely a hunt that would make any of us smile. Congrats on all you keepers.....:thumbsup02: