PDA

View Full Version : Summary of last several hunts and maybe last hunts for the season

wisconsin digger
12-08-2017, 06:51 PM
I think yesterday was my last hunt of the year and if so it was a pretty good year. I managed a few more silvers for the year and some unusual silver jewelry pieces. The Donkey or Pony Pin is quite a nice chunk of silver and the ring has a nice design on it. Ended the year at 148 silver and some other 1st time items. I think next week we are hitting single digit Temps. Wisconsin Digger

Digger_O'Dell
12-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Lots of nice silver, congrats! You certainly had a good year. Not looking towards those frigid temps, tends to make the ground a bit tough! :lol: If it's that cold I may be relegated to water hunting until that gets hard too.

Oneil1979
12-08-2017, 10:15 PM
That donkey pin is beautiful, I never knew I even wanted a donkey pin until I saw yours! What a way to end the season:congrats:

OxShoeDrew
12-09-2017, 05:13 AM
We're done for the year also. Snow will be flying today. You had some silvery hunts! Congrats on a fine year and stay warm!

Lodge Scent
12-09-2017, 09:19 AM
You put together a nice pile of silver for the year. That donkey/mule/pony/unicorn thing is quite a chunk of silver!

aloldstuff
12-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Huge congrats on a fantastic year. Too bad we have to deal with this nasty winter weather....looking forward to some warmer weather.

Bucknut
12-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Congrats on an awesome year! That donkey must of rang up like a half!

Fire Fighter 43
12-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Congrats on a great hunt and an awesome silver year Dave. We are into winter now after the snow last night. I just cleaned up my gear so it’s ready for my trip to the UK. Stay warm and good luck with your off season research.

Digger Don
12-09-2017, 07:39 PM
:congrats: on a fantastic year! You knocked :boxing:the Silvers out of the park once again this year.
I always look forward to your posts. You seem to find Silver where ever you go.
Again, Congrats on a great 2017 season!!

BTV Digger
12-10-2017, 06:39 AM
Another great year and congrats! BTW do you hit fields or yards to get all that silver? Just curious.

John

wisconsin digger
12-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Most of what I hunt is Old Parks and schools. I like to hunt Old Churches but did not get any new permissions on those this year. My best spot this year (50+ silvers) was an old school field that must of also of been an old Homestead area as I found some really old coins there. A baseball field 3 hours north of me added 20 silvers as well and that was a new spot. This year was really about SLOWWWW hunting a lot of old spots. Next year could be pretty rough if I don't find any new areas.
PS that Donkey pin definitely sounded like a Half