PDA

View Full Version : Park Silver - WLH

angellionel
08-30-2010, 06:41 PM
This afternoon I headed to the same park I hit yesterday, this time working a different section. I managed another five silver coins, with a Walking Liberty half in the bunch. :happydance01: It was coming in at about 9 inches, not surprising for that part of the park where additional dirt has been brought in and layered over the years. The Fe/Co numbers were more like that of a silver quarter though, so I was expecting such when I began to dig. I'm thinking the coin may have been slightly on edge. :thinkingabout: In any case, it sure was a nice surprise to see the larger disk. :smitten:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/August/1941walker_083010.jpg

I'm happy with the dimes too. :cheesysmile:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/August/silvercoins083010.jpg

HH!

coinnut
08-30-2010, 06:44 PM
:lol: There must have been a lot of fill in that park to get that deep on that date. I wonder what's 4 inches deeper. :thinkingabout: I bet if they ever scrape that park, Barbers and Seated are just waiting to be plucked :clapping: Nice bunch of silvers and a good hunt Angel.

angellionel
08-30-2010, 06:50 PM
:lol: There must have been a lot of fill in that park to get that deep on that date. I wonder what's 4 inches deeper. :thinkingabout: I bet if they ever scrape that park, Barbers and Seated are just waiting to be plucked :clapping: Nice bunch of silvers and a good hunt Angel.

I think you are right. The area is around the baseball field found at that park, an area that sees a lot of traffic from the players, so some erosion usually takes place. I'm thinking that they keep adding soil on top to cover it. :thinkingabout: Most of the coins I have picked up from that area have been on the deep side. :yes:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-30-2010, 07:10 PM
5 more closer to 1,000 :yes:

Epi-hunter
08-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Dave, his new goal is 1100. :)

Beautiful half!! :cheering: (what did we ever do without that cheerleader emoticon? :confused: ) I am glad to see you digging in the dirt again. :)

coinnut
08-30-2010, 07:15 PM

And if he complains :bop: :bop: We raise it to 1200 :rofl:

angellionel
08-30-2010, 07:25 PM
5 more closer to 1,000 :yes:

Beautiful half!! :cheering: (what did we ever do without that cheerleader emoticon? :confused: ) I am glad to see you digging in the dirt again. :)

And if he complains :bop: :bop: We raise it to 1200 :rofl:

You guys are killing me! :crying02: Why can't it remain at 750? :cheesysmile: I'm almost there. :dontknow: Angie keeps moving the bar, that's why. No more goal setting for you young lady. :hammer: I'm sure glad I'm 800 miles away. :cheesysmile: :lol:

SeabeeRon
08-30-2010, 07:27 PM
No matter how high that bar gets, I think you will get over it!! :cool:

dave in iowa
08-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Again , simply amazing

Epi-hunter
08-30-2010, 08:31 PM
You guys are killing me! :crying02: Why can't it remain at 750? :cheesysmile: I'm almost there. :dontknow: Angie keeps moving the bar, that's why. No more goal setting for you young lady. :hammer: I'm sure glad I'm 800 miles away. :cheesysmile: :lol:

There is no safety in distance. Just ask the friendly skies. :lol:

Challenge is good. Aim high! :grin:

How many half dollars have you found this year? :confused:

randy
08-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Wow, that's a nice walker, congrats on another fine hunt. :thumbsup01: The current pace is 1071 by my math :yes: Shouldn't be a problem :poke:

jkress
08-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Just very amazing how well you do with that machine... and stock coil. Just goes to show what attention to details can produce.

It's very nice to see that you still get excited to pull out each piece of silver you get.

Congrats!!

coinnut
08-30-2010, 09:17 PM
No more goal setting for you young lady. :hammer: I'm sure glad I'm 800 miles away. :cheesysmile: :lol:

You kidding me?? She flies more that all of us put together. I bet she is bording a plane to Springfield right now to set you straight :blackeye: Boy I'm glad I ain't you :lol:

angellionel
08-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks guys! thumbsup01

There is no safety in distance. Just ask the friendly skies. :lol:

Challenge is good. Aim high! :grin:

How many half dollars have you found this year? :confused:

I'm behaving! I'm behaving! :cheesysmile:

So far this year I have found 30 half dollars - 23 Walkers and 7 Barber halves. :yes:

Wow, that's a nice walker, congrats on another fine hunt. :thumbsup01: The current pace is 1071 by my math :yes: Shouldn't be a problem :poke:

Oh come on, Randy! Now you are encouraging them.:lol: :lol: I need to find another silver-ladened lake. :cheesysmile: :lol:

Just very amazing how well you do with that machine... and stock coil. Just goes to show what attention to details can produce.

It's very nice to see that you still get excited to pull out each piece of silver you get.

Congrats!!

Thanks!

I still do get excited about finding each of those silver coins. I love the seated and Barbers, but I am also very fond of the mercury dimes, SLQs, and Walkers. Those are some very beautiful designs on those particular coins. :yes:

You kidding me?? She flies more that all of us put together. I bet she is bording a plane to Springfield right now to set you straight :blackeye: Boy I'm glad I ain't you :lol:

Please don't give her any ideas, George! :crying02: She can wield that detector like a machete.:lol: Right, Angie? :teasing:

Cheap Thrills
08-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Amazing the amount of silver coins you find , if you keep on finding it at the rate you are now , I can foresee the government seizing it to pay off our debt to China .

kenfen
08-31-2010, 07:42 AM
Angel, thanks for the great photos of your finds. You are a master detector and I really appreciate the inspiration you provide. I spoke with John Jurkowski and your name came up. I also remember you from the forums back a few years. It's great to see your collection growing!

Regards, Ken

angellionel
08-31-2010, 08:08 AM
Angel, thanks for the great photos of your finds. You are a master detector and I really appreciate the inspiration you provide. I spoke with John Jurkowski and your name came up. I also remember you from the forums back a few years. It's great to see your collection growing!

Regards, Ken

Thank you for your kind expression, Ken. :yes:

John is a great guy. I have detected with him several times this year, both at parks and lakes. He is quite an accomplished and successful detectorist. We do have fun detecting together. :lol:

RobW
08-31-2010, 08:21 AM
Nice finds Angel, you never cease to amaze me!

Lowjiber
08-31-2010, 09:14 AM
Just awesome!!! :yes: :thumbsup01: