PDA

View Full Version : My 2017 in one post

Iron Patch
12-15-2017, 06:11 PM
So today the ground froze cancelling my hunt, and ending my year, so it's time to wrap things up and move on to other stuff. :yes:

This is my result for 2017, but should add 90% was dug this Fall, and it sure was a crazy great detecting season. I crossed off 4 finds that I've had on my want list for about 15 years, and 3 came in back to back hunts from the same field! :lol: That was about as epic as it gets for my digging, and truly made for a very fun year. My friend and I hunted twice a week for the first month but given the success we were having switched to three times a week, and were able to maintain the same success. I didn't strike out a single time, and the only thing that was along the line of a bad hunt is when I only found great finds and my friend just killed it. :grin: So needless to say I'm sad to see it end as it was the best Fall we each had in 17 years of hunting together, but being so satisfied with it all should help me get through until Spring. :)

calabash digger
12-15-2017, 06:25 PM
those are some best finds ive ever seen.

Full Metal Digger
12-15-2017, 07:25 PM
I'm in complete awe of this post! Thanks so much for sharing these pictures with us. I never even heard of most of those items so I just got one heck of a history lesson! Best wishes for 2018 and HH Dave.

Bucknut
12-15-2017, 07:43 PM
:shocked05: The places that you are hunting must be amazing! Congrats!

Ill Digger
12-15-2017, 08:48 PM
:shocked01: ............ :shocked05:
I'm at a lose for words here ..... just amazing!
Awesomeness overload!
Congrats on a outstanding 2017!
Please, do share more often in 2018. GL & HH :grin:

Digger_O'Dell
12-15-2017, 09:30 PM
Those are some incredible finds! Scrolling through the pics it felt more like a museum inventory list! :wow:

milco
12-16-2017, 12:06 AM
Stunning and amazing finds! Congrats and I can’t wait to see what else you finds in this fields in the spring!

OxShoeDrew
12-16-2017, 07:00 AM
I don't understand how you and Calabash find these off-the-charts buttons....You had a REMARKABLE year! I forget what part of the country you're in, mid-Atlantic? Wonderful finds, congrats, Patch!

aloldstuff
12-16-2017, 09:04 AM
I am at a total loss of words but some do come to mind......awesome, fantastic, stunning, and last but not least.....:envious:. Congrats on 2017, sorry to see it end. Hoping 2018 will be as productive. Thanks for the eye candy....:notworthy:

Oneil1979
12-16-2017, 09:17 AM
Great haul, I think I have your buckle and flat ware pile beat but your coppers and buttons are in amazing condition compared to mine:( that flat button pile is remarkable! Still cant stop looking at the kings regiment button its in amazing condition congrats.

Ill Digger
12-16-2017, 10:47 AM
By the way.... What 4 items WERE on your wish list?:grouphug:

del
12-16-2017, 11:31 AM
:shocked05::shocked05::envious::omg::wow::drool::d rool:............. What an amazing set of finds Chris , you truly live in a great area for relics and coins !

Just out of curiosity what does the reverse look like on that local militia plate , any attachments still not broken off ?

Cooper
12-16-2017, 03:29 PM
Looks like you had a pretty good year

Iron Patch
12-16-2017, 07:29 PM
:shocked05::shocked05::envious::omg::wow::drool::d rool:............. What an amazing set of finds Chris , you truly live in a great area for relics and coins !

Just out of curiosity what does the reverse look like on that local militia plate , any attachments still not broken off ?

I was both unlucky and lucky. I was unlucky because it's badly bent and very little detail left. But I was lucky to have dug it, have the hooks intact as you can see, and even though faint I could read the letters at the top and ID it as a local plate. The bend is even worse than it appears in this picture, and I do plan to send it out next month to be worked on.

The Rebel
12-19-2017, 12:41 PM
Gawd IP Those are amazing finds! :shocked05: