PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Central Virginia

Camp Breathedsville
01-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Been lurking for a while and liked what a saw. Nice forum here.

Cooper
01-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Welcome

Tony Two-Cent
01-05-2018, 05:55 PM
Welcome from the frozen tundra of Illinois! :waving: :frozen:

We're glad you joined the forum! What is "Camp Breathedsville"?

There sure is a lot of history there in Virginia! I bet you have made some good finds over the years.

:detecting:

Camp Breathedsville
01-05-2018, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the welcomes. Camp Breathedsville was a little known cavalry camp a hop, skip, and jump from Antietam. I did my first Civil War hunting there back in 1968. At the time, the land belonged to my uncle who ran a mill and general store there.

del
01-05-2018, 07:19 PM
Hello and welcome to our modest slice of internet heaven ;) Do you prefer I call you Camp Breathedsville , "CB" or just another crazy relic hound like the rest of us ?:lol: I'm so glad you chose to stop lurking and join us here , please feel free to show us some of you proudest recoveries as most here are snowed in and pictures generate heat and heat keeps our drool from freezing :frozen::lol:.

Dan

OxShoeDrew
01-06-2018, 06:23 AM
You must have loads of cool finds by now! Anything stick out as being special to you? Glad you found us! :thumbsup01:

Camp Breathedsville
01-06-2018, 10:08 AM
Thanks Del and Drew.. Drew, there are a few things that are special to me, but believe it or not, my dug cap gun collection is my favorite. I just have an affinity for them for some reason. I also love my dug cast iron (and other) toys. Sounds crazy, doesn't it?

Robbie
01-06-2018, 10:48 AM
Welcome to our forum from central Maryland.:waving:

Camp Breathedsville
01-06-2018, 12:08 PM
Greetings Robbie.. Thanks! Where about in Maryland are you? I spent a lot of my early years in Maryland.

Robbie
01-07-2018, 10:09 AM
Greetings Robbie.. Thanks! Where about in Maryland are you? I spent a lot of my early years in Maryland.
Anne Arundel county, Glen Burnie

Camp Breathedsville
01-07-2018, 11:05 AM
Cool.. My son lives in Arnold and works in Annapolis. Use to be great hunting in Parole before it was all paved over. Still good hunting in the trench beside Home Depot.

Robbie
01-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Cool.. My son lives in Arnold and works in Annapolis. Use to be great hunting in Parole before it was all paved over. Still good hunting in the trench beside Home Depot.
I lived in Arnold 20yrs, my mom`s still there. Does your son detect? Were going to be back up in the near 60s next weekend. I`ll have to try that trench.

Camp Breathedsville
01-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Yeah .. he does, but with the winter, a newborn, and his job, he (we) doesn't get out very much at all. Here are a few of pics of him and my daughter looking for, finding, and excavating an old site.
-

Robbie
01-07-2018, 01:49 PM
Yeah .. he does, but with the winter, a newborn, and his job, he (we) doesn't get out very much at all. Here are a few of pics of him and my daughter looking for, finding, and excavating an old site.
-

That`s great, yeah now that my boys are older I can get out more. My kids didn't get into detecting much. I had a good year detecting near the Key bridge and catching Big crabs with traps.

Robbie
01-07-2018, 01:59 PM
You should create a photo album of your finds. You can check mine out by clicking on my name than scroll down to my finds. ( I do need to update it a little). I glad you found this forum, it has been very helpful to me.

OxShoeDrew
01-07-2018, 04:39 PM
No, I don't think enjoying the dug cap guns and toys is crazy at all. I can't seem to find a complete cap gun or tootsie toy. Impressive you have a collection!

Digger_O'Dell
01-07-2018, 05:39 PM
Welcome from Wisconsin, land where even the air is frozen! LOL Gotta say you've got some great area to hunt. And no, it isn't crazy. Whatever you like seeing come out of the ground most is what you should be most proud of. I've personally enjoyed seeing some old cap guns and tootsie toys being found, along with lead figures, cracker jack prizes, and so on.

Camp Breathedsville
01-08-2018, 09:26 AM
You should create a photo album of your finds. You can check mine out by clicking on my name than scroll down to my finds. ( I do need to update it a little). I glad you found this forum, it has been very helpful to me.

I use to have an album, but photobucket is holding them hostage until i pay their outrageous $300 ransom.

del
01-08-2018, 01:48 PM
I use to have an album, but photobucket is holding them hostage until i pay their outrageous $300 ransom.

Photobucket is ridiculous ! you should still be able to retrieve or copy all the photos on photobucket , I've been copying mine and downloading them into files on my computer .

Tony Two-Cent
01-08-2018, 02:20 PM
Photobucket is ridiculous ! you should still be able to retrieve or copy all the photos on photobucket , I've been copying mine and downloading them into files on my computer .

Can you still do that? As time allowed, I had been downloading my photos from Photobucket and saving them back to my computer so I could restore all of the photos on my forum posts.

But recently Photobucket will not allow me to download the photos to my computer. I can only view the thumbnail preview versions of my photos in Photobucket, and they are very small and of poor resolution.

I hate Photobucket! :mad:

EDIT: I just tried it and it seems that I am now able to download photos from Photobucket again. It is very time consuming and the pop-up ads are maddening, but at least I can get to my photos again.

Donnie B
01-08-2018, 06:21 PM
Welcome to American Detectorists! I would find really old cap guns to be very interesting. Please post some photos when you have a chance.

Oneil1979
01-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Welcome from Philadelphia, I understand your love for the cap guns and toys, I too display them even the broken gun pieces and broken toy cars, every year I look at the incomplete ones and think well time to clear these out and make room but I always talk myself out it. Look forward to seeing your collection.

aloldstuff
01-09-2018, 05:32 AM
Welcome from western MA. Yes we are frozen in.....Cast iron cap guns, only found 1 so far but I do have a nice collection of cast iron toys, love them. Looking forward to your future finds.

THing4CSA
01-14-2018, 08:54 PM
Hi My Fellow TH'ers
Glad that you decided to join us here! I look forward to seeing some of your finds!
Best of luck to all in 2018! ;-)
Dave

roguepra
01-15-2018, 04:01 PM
Camp Breathedsville what part of central va are you in? Im in Chesterfield and my farm is in Rice..

Camp Breathedsville
01-15-2018, 06:18 PM
Camp Breathedsville what part of central va are you in? Im in Chesterfield and my farm is in Rice..

Greetings. I live about 100 miles to the north west of Chesterfield ..in the north western part of Albemarle County.

Camp Breathedsville
01-15-2018, 09:15 PM
Hi My Fellow TH'ers
Glad that you decided to join us here! I look forward to seeing some of your finds!
Best of luck to all in 2018! ;-)
Dave

Thanks Dave! I haven't even been out yet this year, and didn't get out but a few times last year. Hoping to change all that just as soon as the weather warms up a bit. I don't do well physically in cold weather.

Camp Breathedsville
01-15-2018, 09:17 PM
Welcome to American Detectorists! I would find really old cap guns to be very interesting. Please post some photos when you have a chance.

Thank you Donnie .. I will try to get some photos of them soon.

Camp Breathedsville
01-15-2018, 09:45 PM
Welcome from western MA. Yes we are frozen in.....Cast iron cap guns, only found 1 so far but I do have a nice collection of cast iron toys, love them. Looking forward to your future finds.

Thanks! We will have to compare notes at some point. I love old cast iron banks, too. Here is one I found in a silt pocket while hunting along a river back in 2011