PDA

View Full Version : Hello from frozen Michigan.

ScottyB
01-15-2018, 07:16 PM
Looks like a great group here, been Detecting for about a year and am having withdrawls now that Winter has raised it's ugly head. I am eager to learn all I can, thanks!

Camp Breathedsville
01-15-2018, 07:23 PM
Greetings ScottyB! I am suffering from Winter Houseatosis myself. Looking forward to the Spring thaw! Welcome to the forum.

Lodge Scent
01-15-2018, 07:24 PM
Welcome ScottyB. Many of us northerners are getting the shakes from a lack of detecting. Lots of great folks on this forum that are happy to help you learn and improve.

Digger_O'Dell
01-16-2018, 01:42 AM
Welcome ScottyB from frozen Wisconsin, the place that sends you our snow when we're done with it! LOL Having tje withdrawals here too bit that's why I took to cold water detecting in the winter, at least until I can't chip through the ice any more! Love to see photos of some of your finds so far, and hear about what you are swinging.

aloldstuff
01-16-2018, 06:11 AM
Welcome from western MA. Yup, frozen here also. We have a lot of knowledgeable folks here. Feel free to post up some of your finds (we love pictures).

Tony Two-Cent
01-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Welcome to the forum, ScottyB! :waving:

We're glad you joined us! It is a frozen winter wonderland here in southeast Illinois as well. I guess it's a good time to do research and watch metal detecting videos on YouTube.

Spring will get here eventually!

ScottyB
01-16-2018, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I'll try to contribute as best I can. This place is a refreshing change from other Forums and Facebook groups which are full of "my Detector is better than your Detector" posts.

Full Metal Digger
01-16-2018, 02:32 PM
This place is a refreshing change from other Forums and Facebook groups which are full of "my Detector is better than your Detector" posts. Welcome to our forum! All us Illinois guys have e-tracs so we can only insult each others' looks and fake finds! LOL.

Bucknut
01-16-2018, 05:58 PM
welcome to our forum! All us illinois guys have e-tracs so we can only insult each others' looks and fake finds! Lol.

lol!

Cooper
01-16-2018, 07:50 PM
Welcome from Ohio frozen here also

OxShoeDrew
01-17-2018, 09:02 AM
I won't long now...we'll be out...(as I type this on a snow day :lol:). Have you found any good items thus far? Welcome!!

del
01-18-2018, 05:02 AM
Welcome Scotty , we're a small group but you won't find a nicer or more genuine crowd than here ! Glad you joined us .

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I'll try to contribute as best I can. This place is a refreshing change from other Forums and Facebook groups which are full of "my Detector is better than your Detector" posts.

Sorry I don't have a 62755button for that honest statement :lol:

Welcome to our forum! All us Illinois guys have e-tracs so we can only insult each others' looks and fake finds! LOL.

:rofl:

ScottyB
01-18-2018, 09:00 AM
Being I was a beginner with a cheap Detector last year I found the usual clad (over $120), toy cars, tokens etc, and I was happy with that. One day, by pure chance I came across Jared (Bucknut) digging in a field behind a playground I was detecting, and he really helped me by giving me some valuable pointers. We became fast friends and went on several hunts together - he even let me use his Deus! After that things started improving for me, a 1902 IHP (with the Deus), 1942 Merc, a no-date SLQ, and couple of silver Rosies. I am completely re-equipped for this coming season and more excited than ever. We are already planning hunts, if we ever get out of this freeze.

Bucknut
01-18-2018, 09:40 AM
Being I was a beginner with a cheap Detector last year I found the usual clad (over $120), toy cars, tokens etc, and I was happy with that. One day, by pure chance I came across Jared (Bucknut) digging in a field behind a playground I was detecting, and he really helped me by giving me some valuable pointers. We became fast friends and went on several hunts together - he even let me use his Deus! After that things started improving for me, a 1902 IHP (with the Deus), 1942 Merc, a no-date SLQ, and couple of silver Rosies. I am completely re-equipped for this coming season and more excited than ever. We are already planning hunts, if we ever get out of this freeze.

Ahh stop it! you are making me blush. Hey I am going detecting on Sunday or Monday with the warmer temps melting the snow. The ground under the snow is barely frozen so I'm going...hopefully. I'm an optimist.

ScottyB
01-18-2018, 11:04 AM
Good luck, I'll be working and dreaming of my new machine. Where are you going? Make sure to send me pics of your finds!

Digger_O'Dell
01-18-2018, 11:12 AM
Lucky you can still retrieve anything. Just this morning I was pondering the cost of renting a cordless jackhammer! :hystericallaugh: