PDA

View Full Version : Awesome January Hunt with Noah & Digger_O'Dell

Digger Don
01-28-2018, 01:34 AM
Noah and I met up with Digger_O'Dell this morning for a little Illinois door knocking. I'll let them tell thier stories, but I will say we all got silver,Indians and more!

The day started great right out of the gate, we got a yes at our very first house and my first signal was a V nickel and the finds just kept coming. By the time we finished the first house, I dug 2 barber dimes, 1 merc, 3 V nickels, one Buffalo, 3 indians, a cuff link, an engraved sterling pc. of jewelry, a little stick pin from the Chi-Namel varnish Co. and a few wheats. What an AWESOME house!!

We did hit a few houses that produced nothing, but the next good house gave up another Indian and a Washington Quarter.

For our last house of the day, we decided to go back to the house that Noah, Daddy Digger and I hit a few weeks ago.
My first signal was a bouncy 12-41 12-43. When I got to it, I was stunned to see an 1860 seated dime ( my second from this house in 3 weeks) This makes 3 from this yard when you include the one Daddy digger dug 3 weeks ago. It's going to be hard to top a day like this!!!

I want to thank Chris for coming down and spending the day with us. We had a great time today and he even bought us dinner! Thanks!!

aloldstuff
01-28-2018, 07:34 AM
It makes me so happy to read that some of us are able to get out.:thumbsup02: What a great hunt and your silver count for 2018 is already at 7. Love that sterling pin also. Congrats on that seated dime, its one of my favorite coins to dig.

Bucknut
01-28-2018, 08:53 AM
Just another ho hum killer day for you! So many great coins!

Digger_O'Dell
01-28-2018, 10:32 AM
That was a great day meeting up with you guys, I had a blast! Certainly worth the 500 mile round trip. Everyone did well, but you definitely had the best luck getting your coil over the good stuff! Thanks for the invite, and I'm sure we'll be getting out for a lot more hunts together from now on. Now if I can just work on my door knocking skills...:shocked01:

Noah
01-28-2018, 10:39 AM
I didn’t have a good feeling about that trash heap so I stayed clear of it. Boy was I wrong! Nice seated! I will post my meager finds soon ��

Lodge Scent
01-28-2018, 01:56 PM
That was a great hunt. Nice haul!

Donnie B
01-29-2018, 08:05 AM
A Dime Trifecta! Congrats!

Full Metal Digger
01-29-2018, 03:06 PM
What is it with you not being able to find a rosie when you get a seated? I guess that grand slam will just have to wait a little longer! Lol. Good finds, glad to see you guys were able to get out. Best wishes and HH Dave.

Digger Don
01-29-2018, 03:29 PM
What is it with you not being able to find a rosie when you get a seated? I guess that grand slam will just have to wait a little longer!
I never thought I would be so disappointed for not finding a rosie. TWICE

wisconsin digger
01-29-2018, 11:36 PM
Just how far does someone have to drive south to hit thawed ground?? great hunt you guys had, Chris put a few miles on to venture to thawed ground. Congrats all. WD

Digger_O'Dell
01-31-2018, 03:07 PM
Just how far does someone have to drive south to hit thawed ground?? great hunt you guys had, Chris put a few miles on to venture to thawed ground. Congrats all. WD

I drove about 200 miles to my first stop. The ground was still frosty about 1 to 2 inches, but digable. Another 50 miles to reach thawed ground. But now even there it's been below freezing the last few days, so the correct answer would be "South Florida"! :lol:

OxShoeDrew
01-31-2018, 05:06 PM
What a hunt!!! :shocked04: :notworthy::wow:
What is that engraved silver thing?? That looks very cool!
Three V nickels??? Holy cow!! Congratulations, Don!!

Cooper
01-31-2018, 07:11 PM
Looks like you guys. Cleaned up

Digger Don
02-03-2018, 08:51 PM
What a hunt!!! :shocked04: :notworthy::wow:
What is that engraved silver thing?? That looks very cool!
Three V nickels??? Holy cow!! Congratulations, Don!!

I'm really not sure what it is, but it is silver

Here are a couple of pics of the back.

MIKE54
02-08-2018, 10:07 AM
Great variety of finds!