PDA

View Full Version : There ain't nuthin like diggin colonial!

Donnie B
01-28-2018, 09:37 PM
Got out with Danny, Dave and Todd for some colonial cellar hole diggin yesterday. It was a beautiful day and Danny had a nice plan with multiple cellar holes lined up. I love relics and was very lucky to find a beautiful pocket watch winder. I think it would have attached to the chain like a "spinner" but it didn't spin. It's grooved on the inside and would have held a stone or a piece of glass. I'm tempted to purchase a blue stone for it to match the cuff links I dug up last year. I also found a mid-1800's sportsman's button with a waterfowl scene.6284262843

del
01-29-2018, 01:09 AM
Congrats on the watch key Donnie , we had fun and nice weather again !

you did better than I , all I could get my coil over was shotgun shells and Lincoln memorials (I think I set a record of three in a day :lol:)

Donnie B
01-29-2018, 07:03 AM
Congrats on the watch key Donnie , we had fun and nice weather again !

you did better than I , all I could get my coil over was shotgun shells and Lincoln memorials (I think I set a record of three in a day :lol:)

I hope I never break your record! I got a real good feeling about our next hunt. You will probably set a new record for most early 1800's Military Buttons found in one day! :)

Digger_O'Dell
01-29-2018, 01:14 PM
Very cool find. Like the idea of the matching stones, that would make for a great set to show off!

Lodge Scent
01-29-2018, 07:37 PM
A couple of sweet finds. Love the sporting button.

Digger Don
01-29-2018, 09:55 PM
Great finds. Love the button. Nice recovery!!

aloldstuff
02-01-2018, 07:08 AM
Your idea of adding a blue stone to the watch winder to match your cuff links is a great idea. Nice sportsman button also. :thumbsup01:

Donnie B
02-01-2018, 07:12 AM
62848I think a blue stone would look great! Of course, if we ever go back to that site, I plan on digging up a barrel full of dirt to see if the original stone is still there; however, it was probably broken by the frost.