PDA

View Full Version : Key to the city or key to the jail!

Noah
01-29-2018, 07:58 PM
Key to the city or key to the jail! had a fantastic hunt with Digger Don and our new friend Chris from Wisconsin. First yard and I get my largest skeleton key. but no silver. had the pleasure of watching everyone else get silver but me. I did pull Rosie next-door but I’d rather have one of Don’s Barber! Think Chris got a Rosie and a Merc. Anyways couple yards later I got a 5 Indian spill. Boy was that fun!! Last yard was that famous seated yard and I managed an 1880 Indian, belt buckle and a bone handle pocket knife. Not bad for January in the midwest!

Digger_O'Dell
01-29-2018, 08:49 PM
That was a great day meeting up with you guys for a hunt. That's certainly the biggest skeleton key I've ever seen and certainly takes best relic of the day. Sorry you didn't come up with any silver in the first yard, but that Indian spill sure made the day! I think next time we get the seated coins and leave the wheats for Don? :lol:

Digger Don
01-29-2018, 09:13 PM
It was a good hunt Tim. That skeleton key was Huge and I would bet that buckle has some age to it as well.
You also dug one of those round Illinois tax tokens, they don't pop up to often. Great job!
As far as the spill, I was getting tired of watching you pulling a coin and then start digging again & again & again & again. :lolsign:
Congrats on a good day of hunting!!

Bucknut
01-30-2018, 05:32 AM
Awesome key and wow what a sweet Indian spill!

Lodge Scent
01-30-2018, 08:04 AM
That's no key, that's a battle axe ;) Cool find.

OxShoeDrew
01-30-2018, 08:23 AM
WOW, that will be the center piece of a nice key collection!

Cooper
01-31-2018, 06:58 PM
Great finds congrats on a super nice key still trying for my first

Noah
01-31-2018, 09:29 PM
That was a great day meeting up with you guys for a hunt. That's certainly the biggest skeleton key I've ever seen and certainly takes best relic of the day. Sorry you didn't come up with any silver in the first yard, but that Indian spill sure made the day! I think next time we get the seated coins and leave the wheats for Don? :lol:
Thanks Chris and I agree Don can have all the wheat pennies LOL!

Noah
01-31-2018, 09:31 PM
It was a good hunt Tim. That skeleton key was Huge and I would bet that buckle has some age to it as well.
You also dug one of those round Illinois tax tokens, they don't pop up to often. Great job!
As far as the spill, I was getting tired of watching you pulling a coin and then start digging again & again & again & again. :lolsign:
Congrats on a good day of hunting!! well after your seated, it’s only right that I got the Indians. ��

Noah
01-31-2018, 09:33 PM
Great finds congrats on a super nice key still trying for my first
thanks Cooper. It’s always fun finding the relics, Always leaves you wondering the story behind what was lost.

Noah
01-31-2018, 09:36 PM
WOW, that will be the center piece of a nice key collection!
I could put it with my car keys that way I would never lose them again lol h:hystericallaugh:Trouble is that my keys will never again fit in my pocket.

Noah
01-31-2018, 09:37 PM
thanks man

Noah
01-31-2018, 09:39 PM
Awesome key and wow what a sweet Indian spill! had to do something to make Don jealous! :cheesysmile:

aloldstuff
02-01-2018, 07:01 AM
What a huge skeleton key...:thumbsup02:. A 5 coin spill especially IHP's .....I'd be jumping up and down for sure. Maybe we'll be meeting up when you midwest relic thieves come out in March.