PDA

View Full Version : We're Heading East Agian The End of March

Digger Don
01-29-2018, 10:18 PM
Well, it's that time of year again. Alec says he wants to head out east again this year and who am I to say no!

This year he wants to stay in Mass but I have no idea where to stay. Any suggestions on a good location but still close enough to hopefully get together with a few of you guys. Although cellar hole hunting is a bit much for this old fat guy, we had a blast hunting the fields last year. And of course we plan on doing a bunch of door knocking while we're there.

Oh yeah, Noah will be joining us this year. His first trip east! We are going to arrive on March 24th and stay most of the week.
( Hopefully it's not still frozen ) So, if anyone has any free time and would like to get together for a hunt, just let us know.
Thanks, Don & Alec

Bucknut
01-30-2018, 10:56 AM
Man does that sound tempting!

Full Metal Digger
01-30-2018, 04:22 PM
Best wishes to you Don, Al, and Noah! To say I am envious of your trip would be an understatement... Hopefully I'll be hitting my first fields in Germany by that time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you all get some Spanish silver and some nice early (legible) coppers!

Digger_O'Dell
01-30-2018, 05:26 PM
Sounds like a fun trip. Can't say I'm not a bit jealous! I'll get out the way myself eventually. Hope you guys kill it!

Digger Don
02-03-2018, 09:30 PM
Best wishes to you Don, Al, and Noah! To say I am envious of your trip would be an understatement... Hopefully I'll be hitting my first fields in Germany by that time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you all get some Spanish silver and some nice early (legible) coppers!

Maybe next year Alec and I will take a road trip to Germany. I'll bring a couple of Mercs just in case you miss digging them:lolsign:

Noah
02-03-2018, 09:35 PM
I can’t wait to see how it’s done on the East Coast! I have always dreamed of going!

del
02-06-2018, 01:39 PM
Looking toward seeing you and Alec again Don ! The area of Mass you mentioned in the text is about a good hour an 10 minutes from me but i'm sure we could meet halfway to do some overgrown fields or even some easy to get to cellars . Unfortunately work is keeping me busy but Friday , Saturday and Sundays are good for getting out .

Dan

Noah
02-06-2018, 06:30 PM
Haven't had the pleasure of meeting you Dan. But just wanted to say thank you in advance for kindly allowing Illinoisan into your neck of the woods!! I'll be riding out with Don and Alex. :)

Lodge Scent
02-06-2018, 10:30 PM
The Prairie Stater gang is coming to MA you say. If you find yourselves way down in southeast MA, I have a few cellar holes that are not bad hikes to get to. The only yard I've ever hunted is mine, the only fields I know of are over grown now, so I won't be much help on that front.

Digger Don
02-07-2018, 10:07 AM
Sounds great guys. Thanks.
We are arriving Saturday the 24th and staying probably till Thursday. I believe we are going to stay in Auburn, Ma.
We would love to get together with some of our East Coast friends.
Now, lets hope mother nature cooperates:crossfingers:

Excuse the post title, I really do know how to spell AGAIN :lol:

Donnie B
02-08-2018, 11:46 AM
I hope I get to meet the Prairie gang while you are out this way!

Digger Don
02-08-2018, 11:52 AM
I hope I get to meet the Prairie gang while you are out this way!
I hope so too!!

Ill Digger
02-08-2018, 11:36 PM
I too hate to say im not going to be able to make the trek with you guys this year either Don. :(
Hopefully about that time I'll be posting pictures of my finds for my trip to the UK. :ukflag:
10 days and counting....:twirlingeyes:

When you guys do go, good luck! Hopefully you do us Illinoians proud And bring home some of the elusive Spanish or colonial silver :crossfingers:

Full Metal Digger
02-09-2018, 09:29 AM
Hopefully about that time I'll be posting pictures of my finds for my trip to the UK. :ukflag:

All you guys are going on these AWESOME trips! I wish all of you great fortune! Be careful in England Tim. You know how those British guys are super jealous of American manliness.

aloldstuff
02-10-2018, 09:50 AM
Hey travelers, I'll see if I can line up a field or two for your trip. I usually have Tues, Wed and Thurs off.

Tim, best of luck in the UK...get some Roman gold.

Digger Don
02-10-2018, 11:51 AM
Hey travelers, I'll see if I can line up a field or two for your trip. I usually have Tues, Wed and Thurs off.

Thank You Al. Any of those days are good Thanks!. we had a blast last year!!!!!

Digger Don
02-10-2018, 11:53 AM
I too hate to say im not going to be able to make the trek with you guys this year either Don. :(
10 days and counting....:twirlingeyes:

When you guys do go, good luck! Hopefully you do us Illinoians proud And bring home some of the elusive Spanish or colonial silver :crossfingers:

Thanks Tim, we will try to do you proud!!
Best of luck to you & Jeff. I hope you guys have a hunt of a life time over there!!

Ill Digger
02-12-2018, 08:52 PM
All you guys are going on these AWESOME trips! I wish all of you great fortune! Be careful in England Tim. You know how those British guys are super jealous of American manliness.
I know Dave. But thanks for the reminder. Ill use some of my American charm and show those Brits how it's done. :lol:
And speaking of going on great trips. Your taking your entire family and life on a trip of a life time!
Any word on when you start your relocation?

I'll try my darnist Al. Anything older than 1730 will take my "oldest" coin find waaaay back!

Thanks Tim, we will try to do you proud!!
Best of luck to you & Jeff. I hope you guys have a hunt of a life time over there!!
Thanks Don! We will no matter what. This is some really old dirt we're talking about. This dirt is older than .... well.
Dirt! :rofl:
There's already been one group there and back.
They got:
1- Milled Gold (1797 KGIII milled gold third guinea)
1- Roman Silver
9- Roman Bronze
21 Hammered Silver coins
7- Milled Silver coins
Silver: clog fastener, pin, button
Saxon Cheek piece
Spectacular coin weight
a very neat Zoomorphic mount

laaubin
02-25-2018, 07:45 PM
Sounds great guys. Thanks.
We are arriving Saturday the 24th and staying probably till Thursday. I believe we are going to stay in Auburn, Ma.
We would love to get together with some of our East Coast friends.
Now, lets hope mother nature cooperates:crossfingers:

Excuse the post title, I really do know how to spell AGAIN :lol:

Do you guys know where you're going to search? i.e. What towns or areas?

laaubin

Digger Don
02-25-2018, 09:04 PM
Do you guys know where you're going to search? i.e. What towns or areas?

laaubin
not yet, still working on it

laaubin
02-26-2018, 10:54 AM
not yet, still working on it

Can you let us know?
I live about 40 minutes SE of Auburn in Uxbridge, MA. I'm very curious as to where you'll search and in what towns.
I'm very, very new to this hobby and am waiting for a detector to be delivered so I can start enjoying the hobby. Would like to tag along if I'm not working (part-time) at least on one to see what to do. That is if you wouldn't mind..
Thanks

Noah
02-26-2018, 05:14 PM
We're going where the silver is. Gonna follow behind Don and pick up what he misses! :rofl:

OxShoeDrew
02-26-2018, 07:09 PM
I'm not as close as the others but I hope to see everyone again.