PDA

View Full Version : Getting Better With Equinox

OxShoeDrew
02-24-2018, 03:43 PM
My last three short hunts have been with the Equinox 600.
First was not productive at a difficult site.
Second was in woods near a cellar hole. I found the normal relics and shotgun shells. I wasn't sure if my trusty T2 would also have found them.
Third short hunt was the game changer :cheesysmile:. I went to a park this morning because I knew it had many mid to low targets left...the high tones were hunted out by me and others. The last time I was there (year ago) my son and I pounded the place with two T2s and came away empty handed. Today I wanted to just dig any tones to learn the machine.
This morning I couldn't believe the high targets I was digging. I've been over this area multiple times! Every 15 feet I was digging memorials, clad dimes, wheats, and a silver dime at the depth of my pin pinter!! I called my wife in disbelief and told her the machine just says coin and it was never wrong. No iron falsings. It was a real pleasure! I found out you have to swing it much slower than my Teknetics. Maybe it was the rain we got last night but I've been excited since this AM!

The EQ found the stuff to the right of the pipe end. The other stuff is from the last couple weeks.
PS that token seems to be rare and from 1930s.
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/wiley-post-lucky-charms-candy-company-1736000868
PPS Anyone have a clue about that super old button with the A and C??

Lodge Scent
02-24-2018, 05:09 PM
Well that didn't take long Drew! That machine is looking like it could be a real winner.

Ken C
02-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Looks like you had a great day, congrats! I agree, I'm liking the Equinox as well.

Donnie B
02-24-2018, 08:02 PM
Sounds like you are getting the swing of the new machine!

Cooper
02-24-2018, 08:30 PM
Good to hear the minelab is working out that angle thing is a nice find

calabash digger
02-24-2018, 09:56 PM
congrats on the finds and new machine.

aloldstuff
02-28-2018, 06:11 AM
Hey old dog...looks like you mastered the new trick. WOW...this machine could be a game changer. Glad to read of your success with it.....:thumbsup02: