PDA

View Full Version : Find of a lifetime!!!!

Ill Digger
02-28-2018, 04:44 PM
I was going to wait to share my finds from my England trip with Jeff but yesterday......
I made a find of a lifetime on a English farmfield that has produced 10 Celtic gold quarter staters. We had 5 people swinging on all directions and as I was aimlessly swinging in between all the footprints in the 5 inches of snow and I got a good 11-08 signal. I have dug probably 50 11-08 signals in the previously 6 days and all were either little chuncks of lead or a tiny piece of brass or copper. But not this one!!!!

Find of my lifetime. So far. A 50 - 20 BC Essex Wheels quarter Stater!!!!:happydance01::happydance02:

aloldstuff
02-28-2018, 05:14 PM
WTG Tim. Thanks for not waiting to post this. Is this considered treasure? How's it feel to find something that old?
So excited for the both of you....:envious:.

Full Metal Digger
02-28-2018, 05:24 PM
I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR YOU TIM! Congratulations on such a great find! I bet you never dreamed your first gold coin would be over 2,000 years old! I'm surprised you are hunting in 5 inches of snow! I never see snow in those videos from the UK. Are you hunting with your e-trac wide open? Just wondering how you set it up for UK field hunting. Again, congrats my friend and HH, Dave.

Digger_O'Dell
02-28-2018, 05:36 PM
Wow Tim, that's unreal! Huge congrats on that gold coin. :perfect10:

Ill Digger
02-28-2018, 05:59 PM
WTG Tim. Thanks for not waiting to post this. Is this considered treasure? How's it feel to find something that old?
How does it feel? Like a dream! That I don't want to wake up from.:lol:

So excited for the both of you....:envious:.
First of all I can't explain the way it felt. It was just a big blur! I just seen the edge of a yellow circular object. I was about to yell over to Jeff who was about 40 yards away at the time . Then I better make sure it was The real deal. So as I touched it and started to wipe of the dirt it just got yellow and yellower! That's when I jumped up and screamed "Jeff! I think I just did it!' I unbuckled my pouch,in hooked my backpack dropped the Etrac, whipped each glove on a different direction and started to flip out!!!

It will be considered as part of the hoard. But all have been disclaimed so far. Also so far, this is by far, the oldest coin in the hoard ! So I should get it back in due time. It's number 11 off of the hoard field.

I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR YOU TIM! Congratulations on such a great find! I bet you never dreamed your first gold coin would be over 2,000 years old! I'm surprised you are hunting in 5 inches of snow! I never see snow in those videos from the UK. Are you hunting with your e-trac wide open? Just wondering how you set it up for UK field hunting. Again, congrats my friend and HH, Dave.
Actually I'm running it with Angels program and digging anything that makes a peep. It could've been just another piece of lead or aluminum but ithe bright high kart yellow sure did stick out amongst the black dirt and white snow!
Even the President can't believe I'm out there in this shiiii...stuff! The president of the club says he's getting "Hardcore detectorists medallions made for us nutjobs who braved the cold yesterday. Today was 10 degrees colder and 25 MPH winds. Tomorrow 40 MPH winds with a high of 34 degrees! You know my ares WILL be out there! For sure.
I'm having the time of my life with a great friend!
Thanks guys! Stay tuned for the other bits and bobs and do dad's. Lots of good finds for the both of us!:beerbuddy:

Donnie B
02-28-2018, 06:10 PM
You did it! You found your gold! Congratulations!

OxShoeDrew
02-28-2018, 06:39 PM
UN-FREAKIN-REAL, Tim!!! I'm sooo glad everything worked out for you guys!!! We're all proud of you guys!!:happy:

Cooper
02-28-2018, 08:20 PM
Man that is unreal that probably paid for the trip I happy your trip turn out well

Lodge Scent
02-28-2018, 09:42 PM
Holy %$#@ ! :congrats: There are a lot of folks that live in the UK and have detected for 40 years and have not found a gold stater.

Digger_O'Dell
02-28-2018, 10:30 PM
Guess living and detecting north Illinois has acclimated you to your current weather situation. So maybe your winter detecting stamina paid off even if it puts you in the "hard core nut job detectorist" category! :hystericallaugh: Best part is if anyone starts making fun of the crazy Yanks, all you have to do is flash your gold to shut them down!

Cheap Thrills
03-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Way to go Tim !!! Huge Congrats !!!

A3badger
03-01-2018, 01:19 PM
Wow congrats on the extremly great find. Wish I would have been there at the moment

Tony Two-Cent
03-01-2018, 05:08 PM
The post I was waiting for! When I got your text my jaw dropped so hard it bounced back up and hit me in the face! :shocked05:

Somehow "Find of a lifetime" doesn't even do it justice. This is the find of a thousand lifetimes for a detectorist from the USA!

Virtually impossible to top! :wow:

I am very happy for you, Tim! It couldn't have happened to a better guy!

:perfect10::perfect10::perfect10::perfect10::perfe ct10::perfect10::perfect10:

Noah
03-01-2018, 05:49 PM
If you can find that why can't I find gold American coins as they are not nearly as old? :interesting:

On the other hand I'm ecstatic for YOU! :perfect10:

Ken C
03-02-2018, 07:38 AM
That is awesome!!! :perfect10:

Congrats!!

Digger Don
03-02-2018, 10:10 AM
I'm so happy for you & a little :envious:!!
We all hoped you would do well, but you hit a bases loaded Home Run:perfect10:

One could only dream of digging a coin like that. WOW
Congrats, you did the Illinois Boys proud!!

I'm heading out tomorrow for a hunt. I hope to find a coin from 1870 AD.Lol

BTV Digger
03-02-2018, 09:38 PM
Fantastic Tim and so happy for you! The only thing that would come close over here is some sort of rare native american artifact. Be sure and post a thread of all of your finds from the trip once you return stateside.

John

The Rebel
03-04-2018, 11:39 AM
That's AWESOME! :shocked05::congrats:

ScottyB
03-04-2018, 11:45 AM
Wow, that's fantastic, congratulations!

MIKE54
03-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Dream stuff ! Congratulations

Ken C
03-05-2018, 12:51 PM
What group did you use for your tour? If things go well for me in a couple of weeks, I think I'll go back in the fall.

Ill Digger
03-07-2018, 07:56 PM
You did it! You found your gold! Congratulations!
When you least expect it too! Every other 07-08, 06-07 was either a small piece of lead or brass. But not that 08!

UN-FREAKIN-REAL, Tim!!! I'm sooo glad everything worked out for you guys!!! We're all proud of you guys!!:happy:
Thanks Drew! You know we were trying! Even though we encountered the "Beast from the East!" :rolleyes:

Man that is unreal that probably paid for the trip I happy your trip turn out well
Thanks! The memories are priceless! My trip was made the dy before when I found my first haaaa..... :lipssealed:

Holy %$#@ ! :congrats:
Thanks! I really don't remember. But I think those were my exact same words when I seen it! :shocked05::shocked04::shocked05:

Guess living and detecting north Illinois has acclimated you to your current weather situation. So maybe your winter detecting stamina paid off even if it puts you in the "hard core nut job detectorist" category! :hystericallaugh: Best part is if anyone starts making fun of the crazy Yanks, all you have to do is flash your gold to shut them down!
You must have seen the president of the club posted when he heard that I was out in that weather detecting ..... alone!
He says he's getting us "Hardcore Detectorist" medallion for being that big of a nut jobs! :crazy::rofl:

Ill Digger
03-07-2018, 08:08 PM
Way to go Tim !!! Huge Congrats !!!
Thanks George!

Wow congrats on the extremly great find. Wish I would have been there at the moment
:coffeelaugh: You were like 5 steps behind Jeff! I guess if it was your first one to see come out of the ground then maybe you would've ran like Jeff did. :poke: It was a blast meeting and hunting with you! Thanks for all your tips and help!:notworthy:
I hope we can do it again sometime.

The post I was waiting for! When I got your text my jaw dropped so hard it bounced back up and hit me in the face! :shocked05:

Somehow "Find of a lifetime" doesn't even do it justice. This is the find of a thousand lifetimes for a detectorist from the USA!

Virtually impossible to top! :wow:

I am very happy for you, Tim! It couldn't have happened to a better guy!

:perfect10::perfect10::perfect10::perfect10::perfe ct10::perfect10::perfect10:
You think your jaw dropped? :lol: I thought I was gonna hyperventilate and pass out right then and there!:stretcher:

If you can find that why can't I find gold American coins as they are not nearly as old? :interesting:

On the other hand I'm ecstatic for YOU! :perfect10:
You got me? Other than they were circulating them for 2500+ years before we were. Might have something to do with it? :twirlingeyes::dontknow:

That is awesome!!! :perfect10:

Congrats!!
Thanks Ken! I went with the Colchester Treasure Hunting holidays

Ill Digger
03-07-2018, 08:18 PM
I'm so happy for you & a little :envious:!!
We all hoped you would do well, but you hit a bases loaded Home Run:perfect10:

One could only dream of digging a coin like that. WOW
Congrats, you did the Illinois Boys proud!!

I'm heading out tomorrow for a hunt. I hope to find a coin from 1870 AD.Lol
Thanks Don! I tried.:notworthy:
Good luck finding some of that modern stuff.:rolleyes::lol:
Jeff and I were talking about a few of the "modern" silver we found there and how back home we would be doing back flips and cartwheels over it! :shocked01:

Fantastic Tim and so happy for you! The only thing that would come close over here is some sort of rare native american artifact. Be sure and post a thread of all of your finds from the trip once you return stateside.

John
Thanks John! It's going to take a while but I will put together a full spread of all of my finds.

That's AWESOME! :shocked05::congrats:
Thanks!

Wow, that's fantastic, congratulations!
It still don't hardly seem real! :shocked01:

Dream stuff ! Congratulations
You got that right!
Thank you!

wisconsin digger
03-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Wow, incredible find. WD

Jeff (or)
03-12-2018, 03:16 PM
wow, what a find! that is what dreams are made of! thank you for sharing.
jeff

milco
04-15-2018, 06:11 PM
WOW!!! Super huge congrats! Awesome find Tim!