PDA

View Full Version : Al, Mike, and Drew FOURRRRR!

OxShoeDrew
03-06-2018, 06:16 PM
Aloldstuff was kind enough to invite me and Mike out to an old golf course that will be made into house lots. The place looks as if it was abandoned last year. The grass is still short and huntable. There was a guy actually playing golf!

Al showed us some of his considerable finds at his beautiful house...then a fun time was had by all! Al killed it in the relic department and Mike found like 30 coins!

Here is my first attempt at video- https://youtu.be/lYZ9di94z_E
Thanks again, Al!!

aloldstuff
03-06-2018, 06:27 PM
Nice seeing you again Drew. You and your new machine made some very nice finds today but the question I have is....whats up with the ring??? Thanks for traveling all that way and hopefully we'll be doing this again.

OxShoeDrew
03-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Plated :rolleyes:

Lodge Scent
03-06-2018, 07:23 PM
Nice digs Drew. That's a lot of silver in one hunt for an old cellar hole dweller like you :lol:

The new machine appears to be a winner. I am seeing good reviews on it :thumbsup01:

Bucknut
03-06-2018, 07:48 PM
Great job guys! Be sure to replace your divots!

Digger_O'Dell
03-06-2018, 08:19 PM
Nice hunt with plenty of coins and relics. Glad you all got together to make those finds! Guess that's another way of getting in 18 holes! :lol:

Ken C
03-06-2018, 08:50 PM
Love that pendant, very cool. :beerbuddy:

BTV Digger
03-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Way to go Drew! Nice little haul of silver you found there! I'll be curious to see how you adjust the setting on your new machine at cellar holes vs. fields etc.

John

OxShoeDrew
03-08-2018, 03:09 PM
Thank you, everyone!
John, I'm experimenting at this point...I didn't post the cans I dug (no overload on this machine)...but here's what I've tried so far-

*Field1 and Field2 at last week's hay and corn fields. Didn't notice any improvement from my T2. Not enough time/tweaking using fields modes.
*Park1 and Park2 at a park. I used Park2 in the more trashy areas. On both programs I kept switching between 1,2,and3 recovery speeds when the trash warranted, and toggled All Metal to see how much trash. I sometimes left AM running in the cleaner areas. This seemed to perform WAY better than my T2 at this park.
*At Al's golf course I stayed in park1, 5 tones (I want to find a tone number that gives me more info like size). I used 2recovery when out on the fairways and 3 recovery in the trash. I again used AM to find the trashy areas. This plan seemed to work well.
*At Yesterday's hayfield I stayed in Park1, 5 tones, 1 recovery. This seemed to out perform the field modes, and out-perform my T2. I haven't taken it to cellars holes yet. Thanks!

Cheap Thrills
03-09-2018, 05:15 PM
Nice going on your finds and I enjoyed the video .It's great to see your enjoying your new Equinox .I'm looking forward to seeing more of your finds and videos .

OxShoeDrew
03-09-2018, 06:45 PM
George, thank you! ...was that coyote in your yard?

Cheap Thrills
03-10-2018, 01:29 AM
George, thank you! ...was that coyote in your yard?

No, but nearby . I didn't take this picture , it came from a site dealing with our neighborhood news .My Son recently took a picture of one walking down our street at 10 a.m. in the morning .Unfortunately I haven't yet figured out how to get it on here . As soon as I can it will be my new avatar . Coyote's are relatively new around here but their numbers have grown fast . You don't see many Cats walking around here anymore .They howl like crazy around here at night .We keep our yard and Dogs very secure . If no one is home we keep our Dogs in the house .I guess the next newcomers will probably be mountain lions .

Cheap Thrills
03-10-2018, 10:52 PM
63369I guess this wont end up being my new avatar after all .So I'll just post it here .

OxShoeDrew
03-11-2018, 03:57 AM
You didn't like the coyote avatar?

Cheap Thrills
03-11-2018, 03:33 PM
You didn't like the coyote avatar?

I did . It took me forever to get this new avatar accepted ( really ticked the " warden " off . I now have to resume my duties as indentured slave . This is from the picture my son took as it walked down our street .

OxShoeDrew
03-11-2018, 03:40 PM
I was kind of partial to your old self portrait :lol:

Cheap Thrills
03-11-2018, 06:26 PM
I was kind of partial to your old self portrait :lol:

I got tired of using my old High School graduation picture. I've aged horribly since then .

wisconsin digger
03-11-2018, 11:28 PM
Great finds guys, still a little frosty in Wisconsin but we are getting tha. Congrats on the finds WDwed out slow but sure