PDA

View Full Version : Made it to Germany safe & sound

Full Metal Digger
03-08-2018, 01:31 PM
Hey diggers,
I've been here 2 days now and things are very hectic. So much paperwork to fill out when you are a foreigner working in another country! I've been contacted by one of the local detectorists here who knows me from my YouTube videos. He wants to take me out all day Saturday to some good sites he has. He has an e-trac I can borrow until mine arrives with my shipment of household goods. He told me he occasionally finds Roman, Celtic, and bronze age items but mostly 1600s and 1700s all the way up to WW2. I think I have died and gone to heaven! LOL.

I can't wait to go over to his house and see his collection!

I'm wondering if I'll have beginner's luck my first time out and get a major score or if I will be cursed and find the German equivalent of the "stinkin' Lincoln." I'll be sure to post my finds Saturday night.

Wish me luck! Dave.

Tony Two-Cent
03-08-2018, 02:29 PM
I'm glad you made it to Germany safe and sound, Dave! It's going to be such an adventure for you and your family! I am so jealous of your detecting opportunities over there. No doubt you will find some really old goodies. Best of luck and keep us posted!

:thumbsup02:

aloldstuff
03-08-2018, 04:16 PM
Great to read that you landed safely in Germany. Saturday can't come soon enough....hope you get the old stuff and not a German stinkin lincoln.

OxShoeDrew
03-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Do you know some German, Dave? Best wishes for your new gig! I can't wait to see the REALLY old things you'll pull! :)

Digger_O'Dell
03-08-2018, 05:33 PM
Good to hear you made it safe and sound. If you haven't already noticed, the culture and attitudes there are much different than in the states, so it will be hopefully a pleasant change. Looking forward to seeing your finds, just be careful of landmines which are the German stinking Lincolns equivalent. Seriously- watched a few detecting videos from Germany where they found a few, including a huge anti tank mine that had to be detonated. Have fun, just be careful!

Fire Fighter 43
03-08-2018, 07:22 PM
Good luck! You are going to get spoiled with all that history and amazing finds. I only spent 10 days in the UK and I now feel like finding 150-200 year old finds isn’t good enough, LOL.

Cheap Thrills
03-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Best of luck on your new adventure .

del
03-10-2018, 05:37 AM
Du sprichst deutsch, Dave ??? ;) I really envy your opportunities , the great beer and the
schöne deutsche Frauen :grin: most of all the great history you'll be able to dig up !

Best of luck and don't be afraid to invite us along one of your hunts form time to time !

Dan

Ken C
03-10-2018, 07:12 AM
Wishing you the best of luck on your adventure! :detecting:

Digger Don
03-10-2018, 03:57 PM
Best of luck over there Dave. I'm sure you will become an expert over there in no time.
Looking forward to your videos.
Talk to you soon, Don.

DanScott
09-04-2018, 04:38 AM
Hey diggers,
I've been here 2 days now and things are very hectic. So much paperwork to fill out when you are a foreigner working in another country! I've been contacted by one of the local detectorists here who knows me from my YouTube videos. He wants to take me out all day Saturday to some good sites he has. He has an e-trac I can borrow until mine arrives with my shipment of household goods. He told me he occasionally finds Roman, Celtic, and bronze age items but mostly 1600s and 1700s all the way up to WW2. I think I have died and gone to heaven! LOL.

I can't wait to go over to his house and see his collection!

I'm wondering if I'll have beginner's luck my first time out and get a major score or if I will be cursed and find the German equivalent of the "stinkin' Lincoln." I'll be sure to post my finds Saturday night.

Wish me luck! Dave.

Although I'm too late to wish you luck for your Germany adventure (I've just joined), but would like to wish you luck for all your future digs. Have you posted your finds here in some other thread?

Full Metal Digger
09-04-2018, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the forum Dan Scott! Yes, I have posting lots of finds. Many of them are in the banner pictures. You can also click my name and see my "latest started threads."

Full Metal Digger
09-04-2018, 08:36 AM
Welcome to the forum Dan Scott! Yes, I have posting lots of finds. Many of them are in the banner pictures. You can also click my name, view my profile, and see my "latest started threads."