PDA

View Full Version : First hunt in ages

Cheap Thrills
03-18-2018, 11:44 PM
633926339363394Passed by my old spot and surprisingly they had scraped almost the whole field and had open ditches with newly installed pvc pipe . I thought WOW this is going to be great ! Unfortunately where they scraped they just went deep enough to scrape off the weeds . My very first hit was the 59 Rosie and it was only 4" deep as where most of my other finds . The piles next to the ditches didn't give up anything .The small silver ring above Frankie D. is the thinnest silver ring I have ever found but rang like a dime on the 5.3 equipped M6 .The 57D and 44S where the only wheats I found . All the gold rings I thought I would find turned into pulltabs and crap before I could get them to the surface .The two marbles , shiny nickel and the Mexican coin where eyeballed , surface finds .I got 4 hrs. in before my wife called to let me know my Brother in law and his girl friend were able to make it over for the dinner invite and dinner was about to be served ( which was cool as I already had about as much fun as I could stand ) . I've been waiting for this place to be scraped for years and it finally happened . I hate to sound greedy but I was expecting a little more than todays results . Another eyeball find was a 12" X 3/4 " X 1/4" piece of copper for my scrap bucket . Oh well , maybe next time .

Digger_O'Dell
03-19-2018, 02:06 AM
Nice you got out and found some shiny stuff. Like that tiny silver ring, and Shenley there kinda reminds me of Stooge! Lol. Probably be at least 6 more weeks before I get a day off work, so just be glad you had the opportunity to do some swinging.

Cheap Thrills
03-19-2018, 10:58 AM
Nice you got out and found some shiny stuff. Like that tiny silver ring, and Shenley there kinda reminds me of Stooge! Lol. Probably be at least 6 more weeks before I get a day off work, so just be glad you had the opportunity to do some swinging.

Ha , ha , to me he looks like a cross of between Nikita Khrushchev and Colonel Sanders .

Cooper
03-19-2018, 08:01 PM
Congrats on the finds

aloldstuff
03-21-2018, 05:05 AM
Nice finds. Always love to see marbles. Congrats on the silver ring and rosie. Hopefully many more hunts now that we are into Spring.

wisconsin digger
03-26-2018, 11:23 AM
Nice hunt. Still dealing with frozen ground in Wisconsin but we are getting there. Congrats on the silver

Ill Digger
03-26-2018, 11:34 AM
Not too bad for a short hunt. 2 silvers and 2 marbles ain't too shabby.:thumbsup02:
Congrats! :grin:

I think I'd go back and hit it again. Maybe do a cross grid and see what may have been missed.:dontknow:

Cheap Thrills
03-26-2018, 10:31 PM
Not too bad for a short hunt. 2 silvers and 2 marbles ain't too shabby.:thumbsup02:
Congrats! :grin:

I think I'd go back and hit it again. Maybe do a cross grid and see what may have been missed.:dontknow:

Thanks Timmy .Been hitting this spot since 1992 . Literally hundreds of times . I guess a few more times won't hurt .

Tony Two-Cent
03-28-2018, 02:30 PM
Nice variety of finds. You got some silver, a token, Mexican coin and two marbles. I have had a lot worse hunts!

Good job! :clapping: