PDA

View Full Version : Golf Course Hunt #3

aloldstuff
03-20-2018, 01:25 PM
Met up with RobW and Mike54 at the golf course this am. Now I am convinced that this area has some age to it.

As far as coins go.....1954 Rosie, 1956D wheat, and either a KGI or KGII. I was the lucky one who got his coil over it 1st.

Also managed a musket ball, 4 more buckles, another item I can't remember the name of, a broach pin, and the biggest CCR I have ever seen.

RobW made my day when I showed him the KG.....yup, got him to swear at me and throw a hand gesture my way :hystericallaugh:.

Thanks for reading and HH everyone.

Cheap Thrills
03-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Nice going Al ! Please tell me what is a CCR ? The only one I've ever heard of is " The Credence Clearwater Revival " .

Full Metal Digger
03-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Great finds Al! Looks like a lot of colonial stuff coming out of that section of the golf course. CCR = Chunky Colonial Relic????

aloldstuff
03-20-2018, 02:09 PM
Nice going Al ! Please tell me what is a CCR ? The only one I've ever heard of is " The Credence Clearwater Revival " .

Youtube.....stealth diggers. They will let you know. This is a family friendly forum....:lol:

aloldstuff
03-20-2018, 02:10 PM
Great finds Al! Looks like a lot of colonial stuff coming out of that section of the golf course. CCR = Chunky Colonial Relic????

Thanks, I have high hopes for some early silver now. You're close on your guess.

Cheap Thrills
03-20-2018, 05:02 PM
Youtube.....stealth diggers. They will let you know. This is a family friendly forum....:lol:

Thanks but I'm going to pass , too many videos to watch .

OxShoeDrew
03-20-2018, 06:00 PM
Holy cow, Al!! Was that KG at the area your family member was talking about? Congrats on some sweet keepers!!

aloldstuff
03-20-2018, 06:24 PM
Holy cow, Al!! Was that KG at the area your family member was talking about? Congrats on some sweet keepers!!

No....it was between the two fairways that we were hunting. Was not expecting that to pop out of the ground.

Tony Two-Cent
03-28-2018, 02:00 PM
A KG copper along with two coins from the 1950s. What a strange combination! There must be several centuries of history under that golf course! Wonderful!

:congrats: