PDA

View Full Version : Hot Day Park Hunt With Coinnut

angellionel
09-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Today was brutally hot, with the temperature in the mid 90's. Not the ideal day for detecting at a park, but that's exactly what coinnut and I decided to do. We need help. :rofl:

The finds were sparse, mostly clad coins and trash, but I did manage to squeak in three silver coins. :happydance01: Now I think I'll go back to shallow water detecting until we get cooler weather. :lol:

Thanks for the company, George! It was fun being out despite the heat. :thumbsup01:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/September/silverdimes_090210.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/September/cladcoins_090210.jpg

HH!

coinnut
09-02-2010, 05:18 PM
It was brutally hot :lol: It was so hot it almost felt like we were working, but not quite :lol: Congrats on the 3 little ladies. They are in nice shape. I don't blame you on getting back to the water. If Minelab comes out with a new water machine I may just join you. :lol: Two little hats sticking out of the water :rofl: I couldn't get a silver coin if my life depended on it :rolleyes: But I did get some clad :shocked04: Thanks for the hunt Angel, it was good hunting with you again. Here's my Fabulous finds ;)

del
09-02-2010, 05:35 PM
all day in this heat , yes you two need to seek professional help :lol: :lol: well George more than you Angel as he has done this two days in a row , so his Brain must be cooked by now :rofl: :rofl: . i sure do like what i see Angel , you with the goods and him with the spanking he deserves :peace: :clapping: :clapping: just kidding G-man :poke: :poke: you know i hear a little humility is good for the soul and builds character too. :teasing: :teasing: glad to see you guys getting together and having some fun , nice trio of mercs Angel and George at least you got to keep these finds ;) .

Dan

Cheap Thrills
09-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Nice going on the three lovely ladies , the wheat donut and all those quarters Angel .
Don't feel alone George I did 3 brutal hrs. in the heat at a new spot I thought should produce .......
it produced alright , 29 cents .............earlier in the day while at the store I found 40 cents in the Coinstar Machine no silver or wheats in either location . :lol:

coinnut
09-02-2010, 06:14 PM
all day in this heat , yes you two need to seek professional help :lol: :lol: well George more than you Angel as he has done this two days in a row , so his Brain must be cooked by now :rofl: :rofl: . i sure do like what i see Angel , you with the goods and him with the spanking he deserves :peace: :clapping: :clapping: just kidding G-man :poke: :poke: you know i hear a little humility is good for the soul and builds character too. :teasing: :teasing: glad to see you guys getting together and having some fun , nice trio of mercs Angel and George at least you got to keep these finds ;) .

Dan

:rofl: You said spanking :lol:

Epi-hunter
09-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Not the ideal day for detecting at a park, but that's exactly what coinnut and I decided to do. We need help. :rofl:

Glad you said it first. :rofl:

The finds were sparse, mostly clad coins and trash, but I did manage to squeak in three silver coins.

Now you know exactly what I'm going to say here. Don't you? :rolleyes:

Nice trio of mercs, and I know you had to work hard for them :)

It was brutally hot It was so hot it almost felt like we were working, but not quite Congrats on the 3 little ladies. They are in nice shape. I don't blame you on getting back to the water. If Minelab comes out with a new water machine I may just join you. Two little hats sticking out of the water I couldn't get a silver coin if my life depended on it

Come on George. You get incredible silver coins. You just were not in your usual venue today ;) It was too hot for you two to be digging around in the dirt. What's wrong with you two?!? :dontknow: :lol:

coinnut
09-02-2010, 07:29 PM
What's wrong with you two?!? :dontknow: :lol:

We're boys :lol: We love dirt :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-02-2010, 08:17 PM
nice hunt guys! congrats on braving the heat.i wanted to go but changed my mind

angellionel
09-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Now you know exactly what I'm going to say here. Don't you? :rolleyes:

I told you! Three is it! :hammer: Troublemaker.:lol:

jkress
09-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Very good stuff guys!!

That's a tad warm for me. I've been sticking with the early morning hour or two hunts lately. ALTHOUGH.... the high for tomorrow here is forecasted at 67 and Saturday 66! :smitten:

It has been hot, (upper 80's to mid 90's), and humid, (Iowa humid!), here since the beginning of July, so the cold front is going to be wonderful. I am definitely going to be getting some hunting in!

Sounds like you guys had a good time!

hockeyguy
09-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Nice job guys..having a little sport with each other hey! :boxing: :boxing: :beatdown:

rsarge1
09-02-2010, 10:51 PM
still very nice hunt wtg :cheering:

RobW
09-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Nice ones, like the holed wheat...odd...

Guess I'm going to be taking my lessons on the e-trac from Angel, not George...:lol:

angellionel
09-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Nice ones, like the holed wheat...odd...

Guess I'm going to be taking my lessons on the e-trac from Angel, not George...:lol:

Then I'm afraid you would be missing out on some excellent instructions. :lol:

I thought that wheat was a token of some sort when I first glanced at it. It's a neat find just the same though. :yes:

coinnut
09-03-2010, 02:04 PM

Got that right :lol:

RobW
09-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Hey, I was just joking...I'd be more than happy to get any help I could for either of you! For the amount of time you both have on those machines, you classify as professionals!!!

coinnut
09-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Hey, I was just joking...I'd be more than happy to get any help I could for either of you! For the amount of time you both have on those machines, you classify as professionals!!!

Let's see :thinkingabout: you are right in my area. Boy am I gonna show you how to set that machine :lol: First you wrap a small copper wire around the coil and then you set the discriminator to reject everything, spin around twice, drop a coin and dig there :rofl: Hey Rob, just look over all the settings all the ET'ers have posted here and put them in to your machine. I'll get together with you and show you how to modify and save a screen. You will be taught :bop: :lol:

zrickkid
09-03-2010, 04:20 PM
That clad bunch looks like my typical haul.

pulltabsteve
09-04-2010, 06:44 PM
A bunch of neat finds by the both of you. Congrats :peace: