PDA

View Full Version : The Coin, The Relic, and The Button! Epic Day!

Donnie B
03-26-2018, 07:44 PM
Got out with Danny LaMontagne for an epic day yesterday! It doesn't happen often but I dug The Relic, The Coin, and The Button! Three out of three ain't bad!!! :yes: Danny and I met at our usual time (dark thirty) and proceeded to hike into our sites. I would say that we arrived at the first site by around 7:00am and what happened next is the relic hunting you dream about. By 8:00am I had dug a colonial shoe buckle. It didn't stop there. Five feet away was my very first 1797 Cartwheel King George III One Pence. 63458 These were only minted for one year and don't pop up very often. Another five feet away and I dig up a colonial knee buckle! 63459Danny's proclivity for finding buckles is rubbing off on me! Holy Hot Spot Batman! After that, the finds slowed down for me and Danny scored a very rare button and some other very nice relics. I managed to get back on the board late in the afternoon with not one, but two, one piece Artillery buttons and a nice floral button with a ton of gilt remaining. I also scored a Large Cent at the end of the day! What a Day! 6346063461634626346363464

Cheap Thrills
03-26-2018, 10:41 PM
Totally awesome , museum type finds there ! Congrats !

Digger_O'Dell
03-26-2018, 11:51 PM
Very cool finds! For sure dont see those cartwheel one pence coins often. Think I've seen only one other since signing up on this site.

aloldstuff
03-27-2018, 05:08 AM
WTG Donnie. That was a very productive hunt and huge congrats on that cartwheel....:clapping:. I have heard it said, Grasshopper, that once you obtain the Coin, the Relic and the Button you will become the Master....;)

Oneil1979
03-27-2018, 07:45 AM
Nice spread, some eagle buttons, a kg3 some unbroken buckles good to see the forums thawing out:) thanks for sharing

Bucknut
03-27-2018, 08:30 AM
Great finds! That cartwheel penny is huge!

Donnie B
03-27-2018, 11:22 AM
WTG Donnie. That was a very productive hunt and huge congrats on that cartwheel....:clapping:. I have heard it said, Grasshopper, that once you obtain the Coin, the Relic and the Button you will become the Master....;)

Del, The Master, granted me Total Consciousness! So, I got that going for me, which is nice!:hystericallaugh:

del
03-27-2018, 12:44 PM
What a day :shocked03: that little field was sure a busy one for some 40 years ( picnic area , heavy traffic spot , harvest area ) the thimble and jaw harp makes me think it was a picnic area , you had the hot coil and found the busy area and you were due for a great day !:cheering:Congrats on all the very choice finds Donnie :notworthy:

OxShoeDrew
03-29-2018, 05:02 PM
HOLY COW!!! I missed this post!! That's a hunt you'll remember for a long time, Donnie!! Jeepers, that cartwheel is big!! I never dug one of those. A big congrats!!! :wow:

Digger Don
04-01-2018, 08:02 AM
Congrats on an awesome hunt Donnie!
I very nice variety of finds.
I've never seen a cartwheel KG before. Great Find!!!

Cooper
04-01-2018, 06:08 PM
And I thought the large cents were big pennies, I think I learn some thing every time I’m on here . Congrats on all the cool finds.