PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Hunts This Week / First Big Silver This Year

Digger Don
04-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Thursday, Noah and I decided to go back to the "Seated House" and give it another go. It appeared that we hit it pretty well the first time, but we did manage a couple more keepers. I dug 4 more Indians ( 11 total for me in that yard ) and a warped 1953 Rosie that looked like it was in a fire.
Saturday, we went out about noon and hit a town that Alec and I tried about four years ago.. It was slow but steady all day.
The first house gave up a a size 7 sterling Cub Scout ring and a couple of wheats.
The second house gave up a 1946-D Rosie.
The third house gave up the most. My first good signal was an 1892 Barber Half. That coin alone made my day! after that I dug a 1917-S Merc and a 1947-D Rosie along with a few wheats.
The last house was a farm house that I hit with Daddy Digger & Tony Two-Cent early last year. It was so windy that I saw Noah walking at a 30 degree angle into the wind to keep from being blown over. It almost blew me over once as well and I'm a big guy!

Anyway, before we decided to call it quits, I dug two Indians
I also dug a button or button back, I can't tell. It has a date of 1882 on the back, but looks modern to me. What do you think??

Bucknut
04-01-2018, 02:56 PM
I just have to shake my head at all the big silver you find! Great bunch of hunts...your mojo is back...not that it ever left.

Full Metal Digger
04-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Congrats Don on your first-year Barber half! Did you go to the 5-acre yard? Looks like your mojo was doing okay. Were you wearing those hideous sunglasses? LOL. You sure find a lot of BSA rings (and I ain't found one!). That button is bizarre looking to me. I don't even know if it's old or modern! Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Digger_O'Dell
04-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Couple more awesome hunts! Congrats on the half! Still can't believe how nice those Indians come out, and that ring looks hardly used. If the wind was moving you around, skinny as Noah is I'm surprised he wasn't blown a county over! :hystericallaugh:

aloldstuff
04-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Heeeeee's back. Nice hunt Don and I have to agree, you tend to get a lot of big silver........:thumbsup02:

Cooper
04-01-2018, 05:59 PM
Those are some nice finds

Fire Fighter 43
04-01-2018, 06:41 PM
WTG Don on the big Barber and a nice collection of Indians.

Cheap Thrills
04-01-2018, 10:08 PM
Superbulous !!:yes::clapping:

MIKE54
04-02-2018, 08:31 AM
Lots of nice coins but the half is a showstopper!

Tony Two-Cent
04-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Not just any big silver, one from the 1800s! :wow:

So much for your "slump". :lol:

You were just recharging your mojo. I agree with everyone else, the number of half dollars you find is amazing! It just goes to show what is in private yards versus public sites. I'm a convert to door knocking!

Congrats on your latest conquest, Don. You are killing it this year so far! :clapping:

BTV Digger
04-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Great set of coins Don! Man, what a range of quality from the awesome Barber Half, to one of the worst looking late date Rosies I've seen! :lol: You're the king of door knockers sir!

John

Ill Digger
04-06-2018, 05:53 PM
Dang Don! So much for your slump. :lol:
Missed the Seated half ... 63686
Congrats buddy! :grin: