PDA

View Full Version : First few hunts of the new season with the Equinox 800

Fire Fighter 43
04-03-2018, 04:35 PM
I have about 12 hours on the Equinox 800 in the past few weeks. I’ve been working in a few hunts between the crappy weather and frozen ground. I have 2 new permission that have not turned out to be as promising as I thought they would be but they did give up a few nice keepers. The first site is what I thought was a ball field in a wooded area. It is loaded with shotgun shells and trash. I did manage 11 wheats, a silver Rosie 1946 and a Barber quarter 1907. I have a feeling it was a trap shooting area and not a ball field.
The second place is an old farm site that is now a field. It also was loaded with trash and a couple of nice keepers. A 1943 Walking Liberty Half and a silver spoon stamped “1847 Rogers Brothers IS”.
So far I like the results I’m getting with the Equinox 800. I’m still trying to figure out what settings I like but I’m starting to narrow it down. It is a deep machine, very sensitive and not hard to swing. In it’s price range, I don’t think you will find a better detector. I’m still on the fence about how it compares to the CTX. Once I have 50-60 hours on it I’ll be able to make a better comparison.

aloldstuff
04-03-2018, 06:44 PM
Not a bad hunt. The learning curve on any new machine...ugh. Congrats on all your keepers....:thumbsup02:

MIKE54
04-03-2018, 09:37 PM
That spoon is pretty great. That machine seems like a winner! I saw it in action last week and was impressed