PDA

View Full Version : New machine- Nokta Invenio

Digger_O'Dell
04-06-2018, 08:32 PM
Just heard about a new machine coming out from Nokta the Invenio. It's like their normal detector on steroids, coupled with a ground imaging system. Price I heard is going to be around $10k. Ouch! Here's a video link to a demo:
https://youtu.be/ojTMRnqjebo

del
04-06-2018, 08:45 PM
visual is nice but will it be able to pick out the non ferrous in the ferrous metal and differentiate them , otherwise its just another expensive "toy" 63689

Lodge Scent
04-06-2018, 09:14 PM
Hmmm...... yeah I'm not sure it does nothing more than convert the return signal into a elaborate but imprecise visual representation. It may be a step up from the detectors that show a coin or a ring icon when over a good target, but like Dan says, if it can't separate collocated metals, then it's not really an improvement. But no doubt in 20 years we will have machines doing just that. For 10 grand however, there are a few other bandwagons I will jump on before that one. Cool bit of technology though. Notka can call me when they can get it to show the date on a buried half disme at 12 inches surrounded by ox shoes. :lol:

Digger_O'Dell
04-06-2018, 09:52 PM
Yeah, that was my thought also. For that kind of money, I want to differentiate a dime at 12 to 24 inches from that sheet of tin at 6 inches, bed of horse shoes and nails at 9 inches, then tell me if it's heads or tails.