PDA

View Full Version : I may have asked this before!

OxShoeDrew
04-07-2018, 05:23 PM
I find these these with great regularity. There must have been wood under them. Any ideas?

fyrffytr1
04-07-2018, 11:01 PM
Maybe part of a door knob or a tool ferrule?

Cheap Thrills
04-08-2018, 07:54 PM

Circular center holding ring from an old wooden dinner knife or other eating utensils perhaps ? The knife pictured is a newer one with a rubber type handle .

OxShoeDrew
04-09-2018, 03:57 PM
Yeah, that looks like it! Thanks guys!

Lodge Scent
04-09-2018, 08:28 PM
OK Drew...define "great regularity" ? We hunt similar types of locations and I don't have them piling up on my shelf. Just wonder if it's more of a regional artifact?? Maybe you had more colonial steak houses in your area :cheesysmile:

Ill Digger
04-10-2018, 05:46 AM
OK Drew...define "great regularity" ? We hunt similar types of locations and I don't have them piling up on my shelf. Just wonder if it's more of a regional artifact?? Maybe you had more colonial steak houses in your area :cheesysmile:

Yeah. Or are they from the golf course? Could be off a old wooden shaft golf club?

del
04-10-2018, 04:38 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with the gents , I maybe have one of these similar looking copper rings Drew . Are you finding them at a particular spot or pretty much all over ?

You got a free complimentary set of colonial steak knives with any purchase over 2 schillings :lol: