PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick hello from Mayberry, NC. USA

vespaboy
04-10-2018, 09:05 AM
Hello all! I'm David, i'll be 50 this year and have FINALLY made a dream come true.
Searching eBay and craig's list I just couldn't pull the trigger, but for whatever reason I pulled into a pawn shop and there was a Garrett Ace 250 hanging on the wall. I talked them down to $68, I hope that was a good deal.

Im in NW North Carolina, so I doubt I'll find anything grand, but the adventure calls and I answered.
I've been out a number of times in parks and playgrounds coinshooting, a well as some old homesites in the area.
I've really found nothing great, but it's exciting every time, nonetheless!

I've joined a few forums as any tips or suggestions are welcome, just wanted to say "Hi".

Cheers.
-David

Oneil1979
04-10-2018, 09:49 AM
Welcome to the forum vespaboy from philadelphia, I think $68 is a good price for a used ace250, I use garrett machines myself and my son uses the ace400 & out perfoms me frequently:) this forum is packed with good tips and advice ( read through old threads). Wount take you long to get the hang of it and than the funs starts:) HH

Tony Two-Cent
04-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Welcome to the forum, David! We are glad you joined us. The Ace 250 is a machine that many people start out on. You got a good deal on it at $68. There is lots of history in North Carolina so you should enjoy some fun detecting if you stick with it.

Best of luck and keep us updated on your finds! :thumbsup01:

Full Metal Digger
04-10-2018, 09:54 AM
Welcome to the forum! My first detector was an ACE 250. The first year I found $219 in modern clad coins alone (mostly tot-lots and parks). I predict your detector will pay for itself in very short order! Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Bucknut
04-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Welcome! NC has lots of old history so you never know you just might find something very "grand"!

Digger_O'Dell
04-10-2018, 07:40 PM
Hello David, and welcome to the forum! Like everyone already noted, you've got some great history in your neck of the woods. Wouldnt surprise me if you started dighing up a lot of civil war items in some yards. Before you know, you will have a bucket full of 3 ringers. Just don't let Barney near the bullets! :lol:

aloldstuff
04-10-2018, 08:10 PM
Welcome from western MA. NC has some great history and I am sure in no time you will be digging up civil was relics. Nice group of people on here who don't mind sharing their knowledge. Remember this....no detector can find the goodies if its in a closet...:)

ScottyB
04-11-2018, 08:14 AM
Welcome from Michigan .Great group of people here, enjoy your stay.

del
04-12-2018, 04:20 PM
Hello David , beautiful part of the country your in . I have in-laws who live in Elkin , NC . You got a great deal on the detector :congrats:Feel free to ask any questions , that's what we're here for .

Dan

Fire Fighter 43
04-15-2018, 12:45 PM
We,come to the forum and hobby David from SE Wisconsin. You have a great machine to get you started. Good luck and have fun.