PDA

View Full Version : Couple zoo hunts + video

Digger_O'Dell
04-13-2018, 06:44 AM
Hi all,
Got out for a couple short hunts at the one zoo again and managed to pull a couple more silvers. I also got approached by one of the areas less than stable folks who kept asking if I was his angel. What the heck? At that point I thought it best to cut the hunt short and head out. It was more than a bit disturbing to say the least!
I also finally got another video published on YouTube. I was having a lot of issues with lost photos and corrupt video. Had to restore the phone to factory and reload everything only to find out I have bad sectors on my memory card. Sorry, only have the Barber pic. Photos of my '37 Merc are still corrupting despite repeated attempts to photograph it.
Here's the link to the video: <edit, video removed-not working>

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180413/ee2551205eff67c59771d2586115e2c0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180413/6ebac691b5bb910cec33e2c69897bc35.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

del
04-13-2018, 07:20 AM
Chris , I've had run ins with those type of people and worse even :lol: funny now looking back but wasn't at the time . great looking barber !

Digger_O'Dell
04-13-2018, 07:58 AM
Thanks Dan, that Barber really was unexpected. Really disappointed I also lost all the rest of my photos. Somehow I got the Merc into the video, but an hour later is was corrupted. Gave up on the rest of the pics.
Yes, the best hunting areas are usually populated by the most unstable residents. But who knows, maybe swinging the big stick around the park makes us fit in better than we realize?

Bucknut
04-13-2018, 09:39 AM
Congrats on the barber!

aloldstuff
04-13-2018, 10:04 AM
Nice Barber. So do you need another memory card. Just checked out you vid and saw nothing????

Full Metal Digger
04-13-2018, 10:37 AM
Hey Mommy, every time DoD finds a barber dime, an angel gets his wings! LOL. Glad you were able to get out and save another old coin from the earth. Best wishes, Dave.

MIKE54
04-13-2018, 12:37 PM
Nice barber ! I ran into one of those disturbed folks on the train ride to watch the Celtics play in Boston Wednesday night. She was having a heated argument with herself for 20 minutes like 3 feet away from me. I'm not sure but I think she lost the argument.

Noah
04-13-2018, 02:41 PM
Tried to get a permission at a house where a school burned down in the late 1800's. Current home was built in 1902. Too many times got no answer until this week saw someone had painted the front door and surround on this awful shade of blue (rest of the house is a faded lime green. Yuck!) Anyways figured someone had to be there now so I stopped by. Woman looked at me suspiciously as I explained what I do, and told me it all sounded to strange and weird followed by a NO. Yes, the world is full of strange birds, LOL! But yours sounded even more strange! Nice find though. :)

Digger_O'Dell
04-13-2018, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the comments! Bought a couple 256Gb micro SD cards on fleabay a while back. Both checked out fine and formatted without issue. Now the one I put in my phone seems to be wacky. I swapped it out with the other one, just hope it fixes the problem. I'll try to recover the video and take more pics of the Merc. Hopefully I can get the video back online.

Cooper
04-13-2018, 09:56 PM
Congrats nice find any silver make good hunt

Digger_O'Dell
04-13-2018, 11:43 PM
Video was corrupted due to bad memory card. Edited a new and improved version. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/StJ0TnTlZnE

CalGAil
04-14-2018, 01:20 PM
Being accosted by one of the tent creatures is one of my worst fears in detecting. I feel like I should carry a club or something. :beatdown:

wisconsin digger
04-14-2018, 03:54 PM
Your doing better than I have at the Park. I hit it last year for an hour before a trip to the Airport and I hit it a couple weeks back for an hour and only found some clad. Congrats and nice video. WD

Fire Fighter 43
04-15-2018, 12:41 PM
Nice video and congrats on recovery some more silver. When I first moved to Milwaukee in the late 80’s I was told by an old timer Detectorist that the only County Park still loaded with silver was the old Zoo site, Washington Park. He also told me to bring along a look out and body guard. Good luck and keep your head on a swivel when you are there.

Cheap Thrills
04-15-2018, 12:45 PM
I'm glad you fixed your video , I enjoyed it a lot and look forward to more . Great finds and pictures also . I'll bet the wacko's in your locale
don't even come close to the wingnuts we have flying around in my area .