PDA

View Full Version : Hunt #5 on Musket Ball Hill - Incredible Button find!

Full Metal Digger
04-14-2018, 11:19 AM
Hey Diggers,
I spent about 3 hours up on "my" hill where I have been finding all the musket balls and 1700's relics. The day started off good with a musket ball as my first target followed by 2 buckles in a row! I zig-zagged around picking up the occasional musket ball or flat button but then I got a slamming 12-38 signal on the e-trac. I thought for sure it was going to be a coin. But I was wrong. It was an amazing military convex flat button! I have no idea what country, what unit, or what war, but it is a great looking button. Of course, it started getting flakey and crumbling once the air got to it. I think I'm going to give it a nice coat of Elmer's glue to try to preserve it. Check out the crazy "harmonica" reed I found! I have no idea what kind of instrument it went to. I found a broken shoe buckle. Funny, it rang up just like a nickel (12-12). Last pic is the buckles I have found in only 3 weeks!

Here is some pics and PLEASE if you can help me identify the button I would be so grateful!

Lodge Scent
04-14-2018, 03:13 PM
OK DD, you are having way too much fun ! Very cool button! Can't wait to see it ID'd.

del
04-14-2018, 04:46 PM
Love the artillery button and buckle collection is really coming along !

A3badger
04-14-2018, 08:06 PM
great button on my bucket list

Donnie B
04-14-2018, 08:13 PM
Fantastic finds! Love the buckles and the artillery button!

aloldstuff
04-15-2018, 09:21 AM
I know you just started over there but....you are killing it. Those buckle are great and the military button..:envious:. Hope someone can ID it for you

Digger Don
04-15-2018, 09:57 AM
Wow Dave, you're on a roll :wow:
All great finds, but that button is amazing!!!!
Keep it up buddy, I can't wait to see what you find next:detecting:

Ill Digger
04-15-2018, 12:30 PM
Great button Dave! It looks like a artillery button of some sort. But what do I know?
And the 2? 2nd regiment? 2nd Battalion? IDK? :dontknow: Your the military guy! :lol:
You'll be able to open your own vintage belt store soon too! :clapping: ...:lol:
Nice finds buddy!
Congrats :grin:

BTV Digger
04-15-2018, 04:40 PM
Great finds once again Dave! Love that artillery button. I must have missed your move. Are you now in Germany for a while?

John

Full Metal Digger
04-15-2018, 09:47 PM
I must have missed your move. Are you now in Germany for a while? John

John, I took a job over here for the next 3 years. I came over in early March and my family will come over in June (got to let the kids finish the school year).

Cheap Thrills
04-16-2018, 01:35 PM
Great finds Daddy , I've been looking for that button but have not found one exactly like it .The closest looking ones I have found was when I typed in Russian artillery buttons .

Full Metal Digger
04-16-2018, 02:15 PM
Great finds Daddy , I've been looking for that button but have not found one exactly like it .The closest looking ones I have found was when I typed in Russian artillery buttons .

I agree the Imperial Russian buttons are a close match but not quite the same. I appreciate you looking though. Thanks and HH, Dave.

Full Metal Digger
04-16-2018, 02:24 PM

I agree the Imperial Russian buttons are a close match but not quite the same. I appreciate you looking though. Thanks and HH, Dave.

Cooper
04-16-2018, 07:51 PM
Nice button and some nice relics