PDA

View Full Version : I wish this bell was whole

Lodge Scent
04-16-2018, 08:06 PM
Hiked out to a site over the weekend that I hadn't been to in a while. I had the big coil with me as the plan was to look for deep goodies. Was bummed to see someone had felled most of the trees at the site and it was tough to swing the big coil. Managed a smooth KG, a home made serrated knife blade, and a couple of buttons. On the hike out I detoured over to a cornfield that I have checked a few times but never found anything interesting. This time it gave up a button or two and a bell fragment that would have been a beauty if it was whole. I could have sworn that not too long ago someone on AD posted a similar bell but I couldn't find the post. Also found a little quartz point.

Jeff

Digger_O'Dell
04-16-2018, 11:57 PM
A couple nice finds. Don't you hate it when you make plans such as using the big coil only to find out conditions drastically changed?

aloldstuff
04-17-2018, 05:21 AM
Is that part of the Great Seal on that piece of bell? I also wish it was whole. I really love to detect cornfields, so if it was me, I'd be hitting that field.

Oneil1979
04-17-2018, 07:31 AM
Is that part of the Great Seal on that piece of bell?.

Sure looks like the great seal to me, I agree wish it was whole time to hammer that spot.