PDA

View Full Version : Quick park hunt before work

kenfen
09-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi everyone, I managed to get out this morning for a quick hunt before hitting the job. I was using my own program that is based on just the simple Coins preset in the DFX for those of you that use that detector. My goal was to tweak the program to gain more depth. I was picking up clad at 0-4 but I wanted to be at the 5-9 for any chance of silver. I hit the special ballfield and started working the hills. Bam, an iffy 84 VDI at 7.5. I knew this part of the park has not been hit quite as hard so there was a slight chance I would hit silver. I dug my plug and then another plug and up comes George to greet me! 1951-D, the third silver of the year. Nothing like Angel's speed, but for me, moving right along. :peace: I'll be going back there and continue to tweak my program for maximum depth.

Here's the photo: Regards, Ken

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/Kenfen/932010thirdsilver.jpg

coinnut
09-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Glad you are trying to adjust your DFX. I have a DFX and running special programs has given me at least 3 more inches than any stock program. Great job!!

RobW
09-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Good job, nice find! I think we are all a little tweaked!

angellionel
09-03-2010, 02:23 PM
That is part of the process for our becoming better acquainted with our machines - trying out new settings and tweaking them while out in the field on targets not yet dug. We get to see what settings produce the better response under certain conditions. :yes: Then save those programs! :peace: Nice pick up on the silver! thumbsup01

CTDirtFisher
09-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Ken, way to go... :beerbuddy: