PDA

View Full Version : Last 2 weeks with the Equinox

Fire Fighter 43
04-28-2018, 07:31 PM
I’m starting to get the hang of the Equinox. One thing it really likes is the low conductors. I’ve dug over 20 nickels this week in places I’ve been over several times. I’ve been revisiting places that I’ve been detecting for over 5 years. Each site has produce several nice finds so I thought I would see if the Nox could find anything I’ve missed in the past. I have to admit I’m surprised at what I’ve found. Along with the below photos I also found about 2 dozen wheats and a handfull of clad. IMHO the best find is the .925 ring, which has already been claimed by my wife.

The last 4 photos are from my first water hunt with the Nox. The site is an old river site. I’m not sure what the 3 badges are. I’m thinking swim locker tags or something like that. The river was high, fast and very muddy so I had to stay close to the shore. It will definitely be worth hitting when the river is down this summer.

Digger_O'Dell
04-28-2018, 07:44 PM
Holy cow Jeff, you're killing it! Great nickle finds, but the ammo clip, skeleton key are sweet. The sterling ring really is the find of the day! But the last find shown, could that be a powder flask?

Cheap Thrills
04-28-2018, 07:48 PM
WOW !! Awesome two weeks !! It looks like you have a fully loaded clip from an old 30/06 WWI , 1903 Springfield there .

OxShoeDrew
04-29-2018, 04:20 AM
That ring is gorgeous! I hope Mrs Firefighter enjoys it!
I had the same thought about the EQX and nickels. I'm routinely digging them, all jeffersons and a V thus far for me, but Buffs and shields should show up soon!
I love the type on those tags. I hope they're locker tags which would mean lots of people were there! Good luck when the water gets lower!

aloldstuff
04-29-2018, 05:09 AM
Glad to read that you are liking your new machine. That ring is a beauty and I can see why the Mrs. claimed it. All your old sites now become your new sites. Congrats on the keepers. The more results I see that people are having with the Equinox the more I am tempted to get one.....:thumbsup02:

Noxman
04-29-2018, 12:17 PM
Coming from 6 months with the Etrac same here I am really liking the Nox. It does slam the nickels with the mutli frequencies running simultaneously. Congrats on your finds!

BTV Digger
04-30-2018, 03:17 AM
Great scores Jeff! Love all the items you've posted here. Is that a heart martingale rosette I see there? If so a huge congrats on a great find.

John

wisconsin digger
04-30-2018, 10:01 AM
Glad the new machine is bringing in the tough finds. It is a good feeling going into hunted areas with new equipment. Congrats on all the great finds. WD