PDA

View Full Version : Weekend hunts reach 2 Milestones

wisconsin digger
04-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Had to travel Saturday and Sunday so took the Detector along. Saturday I picked up 2 silver and a bunch of Wheaties as well as a couple of Buffalos. definitely was a Cherry picked park. Sunday I was able to find 6 silver and a handful more of Wheaties. With the silver I found I was able to find my 500th Merc in just over 6 years and my 2000 clad nickel. So it is pretty obvious what my most common silver is and it is pretty obvious I don't pass up many nickel signals. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

Digger_O'Dell
04-30-2018, 08:02 PM
Big congrats on the milestones! I've unknowingly hit parks after you've been through and learned from personal experience you don't leave ANYTHING behind! :detecting:

Lodge Scent
04-30-2018, 09:05 PM
Congrats! That must be an awesome pile of Mercs!

aloldstuff
05-01-2018, 05:00 AM
Great milestone to reach....huge congrats. :notworthy:

Looks like you can update your signature....:thumbsup01:

Bucknut
05-01-2018, 08:26 AM
Great job and congrats! I'm surprised you don't find more gold rings with all those nickel signals that you dig.

wisconsin digger
05-01-2018, 09:14 AM
I don't think I dig enough of the oddball signals, I tend to stay near the 12-13 range. Probably need to open my range up a bit to find more gold. I did just find a small religious pendant that was gold but that is all in the last year or so. WD

Digger Don
05-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Congrats on the milestones. Man, that's a lot of mercs.
and a $100.00 in nickels. WOW:clapping:

OxShoeDrew
05-02-2018, 06:57 PM
That must be the record for nickels of any human on Earth!! The merc total is astounding too!! Have you ever heard of anyone digging that many nickels? :notworthy:

Lodge Scent
05-02-2018, 09:46 PM
I think in 8 years of detecting I have about 20 nickels.

wisconsin digger
05-03-2018, 12:38 AM
My Dad always said you can only dig what's under your coil. Wisconsin just doesn't have that history you guys have so we make do with what we have. A lot of Merc's and plenty of nickels. I think I have another 300 nickels in "V's", Buffalos and War Nickels. Not as exciting as a shield or 3 cent piece but still fun to dig. WD

Digger_O'Dell
05-03-2018, 02:28 AM
My Dad always said you can only dig what's under your coil. Wisconsin just doesn't have that history you guys have so we make do with what we have. A lot of Merc's and plenty of nickels. I think I have another 300 nickels in "V's", Buffalos and War Nickels. Not as exciting as a shield or 3 cent piece but still fun to dig. WD

You have to remember that Wisconsin DOES have a lot of early history, but it's in select area. Green Bay was the first settlement and should produce colonial era finds. Explorers, traders, and trappers moved along the great lakes and riverways with settlements soon following. Another hot area is along the Mississippi river. Just do the research and "follow the money"!

Cheap Thrills
05-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Amazing milestones indeed !Huge Congrats !