PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday and Today....golf course

aloldstuff
05-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Yesterday I met up with Steve and got some nice items.

I believe a 1819 copper. Two mercs, 41s and 36, and 2 wheat's.

Also a broken crotal bell :girlcry: a brass ball that is threaded and a reins guide. Of course what would be a hunt at the golf course without at least one buckle.

Today met up with Mike and only got a rosie...1962.

The grass is growing as I type so don't know how much longer we will have. The last two days the weather has been great. Went out of the house this AM with a t-shirt on.

Thanks for reading and HH everyone.

Digger Don
05-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Wow, that place just keeps on giving!!

Noxman
05-02-2018, 04:48 PM
Nice finds Al. It will be sad but if we are done there at least we all went out on a high note. It was also nice to meet you and Mike and gain some life long hunting buddies!

RaZR
05-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Very nice oldie copper and some sweet silver Al. That's an excellent golf course!
I have only one crotal bell and it's missing the connecting part on the top.:cheesysmile:

Digger_O'Dell
05-03-2018, 02:16 AM
More nice finds, congrats! It will be a sad day once it can no longer be detected. Maybe you should bring a mower along next time? :hystericallaugh:

OxShoeDrew
05-03-2018, 03:19 AM
That's a big load of keepers, Al! Are they still selling the greens? You had a wonderful run there!

aloldstuff
05-03-2018, 05:00 AM
Wow, that place just keeps on giving!!

We are all getting some keepers from areas that we all have gone over....NEVER HUNTED OUT

Nice finds Al. It will be sad but if we are done there at least we all went out on a high note. It was also nice to meet you and Mike and gain some life long hunting buddies!

Steve, don't think we are done yet. It's been a pleasure watching you and the nox suck out the silvers.

Very nice oldie copper and some sweet silver Al. That's an excellent golf course!
I have only one crotal bell and it's missing the connecting part on the top.:cheesysmile:

I have a few crotal bells and of course this one showed the good side up in the hole.

More nice finds, congrats! It will be a sad day once it can no longer be detected. Maybe you should bring a mower along next time? :hystericallaugh:

Nice idea....or maybe a weedwacker

That's a big load of keepers, Al! Are they still selling the greens? You had a wonderful run there!

Drew, yup the greens are still being sold. Its not very often that we can find virgin turf and the word "spoiled" comes to mind.

Cheap Thrills
05-03-2018, 12:50 PM
So how many golf balls have you guys been finding ? Congrats once again !

Lodge Scent
05-03-2018, 04:00 PM
Al, you are the master at finding sites that just don't quit. You got about 5,000 coppers out of that other field and tons of stuff out of a golf course!

Noxman
05-03-2018, 04:04 PM
Al is like a coin whisperer.

Noxman
05-03-2018, 04:06 PM
I sure hope not Al but the grass she is a growing!

aloldstuff
05-03-2018, 04:52 PM
So how many golf balls have you guys been finding ? Congrats once again !

They are scattered all over. Mike is still playing golf so he picks up some nice ones.

Al, you are the master at finding sites that just don't quit. You got about 5,000 coppers out of that other field and tons of stuff out of a golf course!

Thanks Jeff..:blush:. Something of interest...my copper field also boarders a golf course.

Al is like a coin whisperer.

Shhhhh

wisconsin digger
05-04-2018, 09:44 AM
Boy that continues to be a productive spot. That area must of had tremendous activity. WD