PDA

View Full Version : dime grand slam

hockeyguy
09-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Scott called me last night and said he was going out in the AM. I hadn't been out all week, so I made the time to go and glad I did. My first goodie was a merc. I showed Scott and he already had one with a small ring and a religious pendant. A few wheats later and I dug a rosie....i was going real slow all day listening in between the garbage for hi tones and closesly examining. I did get fooled 2 or 3 times by a bent nail or piece of iron. Next tone was bouncing around but sounded good. There was adjacent garbage but I felt confident something was there...yup turned out to be the barber. I showed Scoot then got another good tone 2' away. I asked Scott what he thought, and he said I don't know, let me dig it! I already knew it was a good one.....turned out to be this bus token that we have found before.

A few feet later (this is all w/i 10' of where i found the SLQ last week) and I get a good sound nestled in the junk.Comes up quarter penny dime . I liked the warble so I'm diggin. Out comes another barber with some green on it, so I knew there was a wheat which I took out. I gave Scott the thumbs up and rescanned. There's something else in there that doesn't sound so good. In the pile now it does sound good. Couldn't believe my eyes :cheesysmile: :beerbuddy: :drool: when I saw the seated.....yeah she's spent but it's a 1st one for me and it has a date! :peace: :clapping: :cheering: <: :happydance01:...Yelled to Scoot and he called it right away. For a building from 1930, we were shocked to see this one come out.

Another few feet and I dig another rosie. This was all in ` 2.5 HOURS. Also dug 7 wheats and a few pieces of clad. :behave: :bangahead01: :ticked: :mad:

Great day for me, one of my best. I'll let Scott show you what he found, but let's just say I went +5 for the morning.. :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

HH

Aaron

randy
09-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Wow, that is one sweet hunt :cheering: Congrats. thumbsup01

milco
09-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Very nice hunt!

Beefcake
09-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Don't see many Grand Slams!!! Congrats on an awesome hunt!

rsarge1
09-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Congrats. :clapping: :clapping:

Epi-hunter
09-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Wow, what a great hunt! :shocked04: :cheering: Congratulations on the beautiful silver!

Cheap Thrills
09-04-2010, 04:35 PM
An amazing feat , salutations . thumbsup01 :clapping:

coinnut
09-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Way to go Aaron :clapping: :clapping: That will stir the pot a bit lol I can see that you are learning that machine pretty darn good. Once you get used to listening (boring :interesting:) for those good sounds in trash, the rewards come. That Seated was probably in circulation well after 1900. When I was a kid we used to get Indian head pennies, Buffalos and Mercs in change. No one thought anything about it. Great Day. That's what Scott gets for making you go out in the morning lol

angellionel
09-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Awesome hunt, Aaron. :clapping: Love the silver, especially the seated and Barber dimes. :smitten: I think you have Scott sweating now. lol

BillZ
09-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Very cool!
That is a day you will remember for a while. Congrats!

catskillcomics
09-05-2010, 05:04 AM
Good Job Aaron... You really did kick me in the silver hunt. :blackeye:

That's what Scott gets for making you go out in the morning lol

Funny you mention that.. when he found the seated dime, I said, I can't believe a seated was here, and I can't believe I called you to come hunting with me 8/ rofl

And yes Angel... Im getting nervous about Aaron catching up :-\

CyberSage
09-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Holy moly! That's a great hunt. Congratulations on just an amazing day. I have been on second base many times, but this just blows me away. So cool. Thanks for sharing this.

Jack

del
09-05-2010, 09:14 PM
:shocked04: woooo weeeeee :shocked04: so thats what a silver dime slam looks like , extremely impressive Aaron . ouch ! , Scott i guess the gloves are comming off and its on now buddy. lol lol take it easy for the next few days Scott because after a beating :bop: :behave: :hammer: like that your bound to be a little sore. :blackeye: lol lol

huge congrats Aaron , great finds man .

Dan

jkress
09-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Ohhhhhhh momma!! :shocked04:

Awesome finds on the dimes!!

Really amazing when you think about it!!

Congrats.