PDA

View Full Version : Back to the hot spot and a friendly reminder

Oneil1979
05-07-2018, 07:14 AM
Got back out an hour before work, first signal was this reins guide, second signal was this 1821 small date largie about 6 inches away was this 1820 small date largie ( im thinking spill). About 15 minutes later got a slamming high tone, very tight and perfect pitch I had a this is it moment, popped the plug and saw a dark green patina in the soil, I was expecting silver so this peaked my curiosity, flipped out this 1854 tornesi cinque, had to google it. It a coin from naples, maybe brough back after ww1 or ww2? I did find a roman coin at this site last year and my coin guy said a lot of them made thier way to the states after the great wars as souvenirs. My best find and the friendly reminder is this deer tick that was dug in just above my knee! The season is upon us so take precautions. HH

Lodge Scent
05-07-2018, 07:38 AM
Great hunt! Nice coppers....never seen a tornesi. Curse those deer ticks.

aloldstuff
05-07-2018, 08:56 AM
Put the tick between the two coppers and squeeze real hard. Nice digs and congrats on the keepers....:thumbsup02:

Cheap Thrills
05-07-2018, 11:07 AM
Put the tick between the two coppers and squeeze real hard. Nice digs and congrats on the keepers....:thumbsup02:

:lol: Be sure to do it right or you just might " tick" him off .

Great finds , I hate ticks ! I hope your going to be ok .

Oneil1979
05-07-2018, 11:22 AM
:lol: Be sure to do it right or you just might " tick" him off .

Great finds , I hate ticks ! I hope your going to be ok .

*Update* after trying to reason with the tick about his trespass ( to no avail) it was decided that he would need to be evicted. Sad to say he didn’t survive the procedure.

aloldstuff
05-07-2018, 11:56 AM
sorry for your lose...lol

Digger_O'Dell
05-07-2018, 08:42 PM
Great looking coppers! Just glad I don't have to deal with those nasty critters yet. But on the other hand, really starting to feel the sunburn!

BTV Digger
05-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Great finds and congrats on the 3 largies! Yes, the ticks are out. Found one dug into my side a few weeks back as well.

John

Digger Don
05-08-2018, 07:07 PM
Congrats on the Coppers and the 1854 tornesi cinque. Awesome finds.
So, how do you "Evict" a tick, I hear it is difficult to do it right.

Oneil1979
05-08-2018, 07:57 PM
So, how do you "Evict" a tick, I hear it is difficult to do it right.
I have a tick remover looks like a small golf putter with V in the head so you can push down on the skin, slide it onto the tick and pull, you can find them for $10 on amazon, worth the investment, trick is to not squeeze the body because the body fluid contains the pathogens. Pull back before it know whats going on. Monitor the location for rash and report to a doctor if you get flu like symptoms, Im usually pretty cautious, tuck my cloths in, use deet etc