PDA

View Full Version : REAL TRASHY CELLAR HOLE*CIVIL WAR & COLONIAL BUTTONS

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Went with Frank today for about 6 hours to this real trashy cellar hole.there is a damn car in the hole! real difficult to detect a site like this but i managed to squeek some finds out.
i think it's a civil war or post civil war general service button in rough shape.
a bullseye designed flat button and a early scovill's designed button.Frank got a matron head large cent and i think it's gonna be a one piece military circa 1830 button.hope he gets it cleaned up soon so i can tell what it is.
now somebody i think on this forum said these mushrooms chicken of the woods were real good eating so,i filled a 5 gallon bucket and took em home.washing emm now and waiting for someone to tell me if these are indeed edible.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-04-2010, 07:17 PM
more pics

Epi-hunter
09-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Beautiful finds, as usual!

I don't think those mushrooms are edible. You need to find morels. Wrong season.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Beautiful finds, as usual!

I don't think those mushrooms are edible. You need to find morels. Wrong season.

no these are angie
http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/Identifying-Edible-Mushrooms-Chicken-of-the-Woods/1.php

coinnut
09-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Don't mess with shrooms dude. You can get real sick and probably even die. Not worth the risk. Morels on the other hand look very distinctive. Where there is one Morel, there are many. Nice car. lol Nice designed flat button. Trashy sites are difficult, but I love 'em.

I just read your link. I don't trust anyone who says you can't confuse it with any poisonous ones lol But I loved this line:
It is bizarre looking mushroom, and is quite popular for human consumption in some areas, although it has a very woodsy and fungus like flavour and a strong fungusy smell which some people find off putting

Yum, Yum, makes me want to eat them. lol

angellionel
09-04-2010, 08:07 PM
There is something about the word 'fungus' that I find off-putting as it is. lol Be careful Dave! :shocked04:stretcher:

Great bunch of old buttons! thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-04-2010, 08:13 PM
i tossed em.i really want to detect another day

del
09-04-2010, 10:29 PM
i tossed em.i really want to detect another day

tossed'em
before or after you ate them lol lol :poke:

hey i bet you enjoyed the woods today :yes: nice and cool , no bugs. :peace: nice buttons man thumbsup01

randy
09-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Nice collection of buttons there. No way would I eat those shrooms.

John M
09-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Nice looking buttons Dave.Mushrooms look nice but I wouldn't have eaten them.........that could have been one very bad trip.

jkress
09-06-2010, 11:41 PM
As always.... very nice stuff.

Taking you lead, I have a couple of cellar holes to hunt this fall... once the mosquitoes go away. There is no way I'm getting in the thick of stuff right now with the bugs as bad as they are.

I hunted a 1855 house the other day that was tucked right up against a tree line. I had to quit after an hour and get a pint to replenish from Red Cross.

I've been following your adventures for a while now and want to give it a try myself.

Thanks for the inspiration!!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-07-2010, 07:44 PM
As always.... very nice stuff.

Taking you lead, I have a couple of cellar holes to hunt this fall... once the mosquitoes go away. There is no way I'm getting in the thick of stuff right now with the bugs as bad as they are.

I hunted a 1855 house the other day that was tucked right up against a tree line. I had to quit after an hour and get a pint to replenish from Red Cross.

I've been following your adventures for a while now and want to give it a try myself.

Thanks for the inspiration!!!

well thanks for the kind words! i'm flattered but,i learned from the best in Del and coinnut so my hats off to them as well ;)

coinnut
09-07-2010, 08:49 PM
well thanks for the kind words! i'm flattered but,i learned from the best in Del and coinnut so my hats off to them as well ;)

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :loveit: :loveit: ;)

del
09-08-2010, 02:17 PM

:kiss: :kiss: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :kiss: :kiss: :beerbuddy:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-09-2010, 07:36 AM
i can feel the love :cheesysmile:

RobW
09-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Ya know, there's no telling what's under that car...that's where the good stuff is....just pick it up and move it!!!