PDA

View Full Version : Quick little hunt

Oneil1979
05-18-2018, 08:31 PM
Got out for a few before work, only coin I dug was a modern dime, did manage this nice skeleton key first of the year with a nice emerald patina, got this lead soldier, a B&H company lantern part, this pin that is a 1924 horse asssociation, this sterling silver mirror handle, last was this item. Second one ive found here gold gilted on the back and whiped on the front, you can see the outline of a buckle in the gold gilting so I am guessing these slid over the buckles to prevent them from coming loose? Any info is appreciated. Thank you for looking HH

Cheap Thrills
05-18-2018, 10:12 PM
Nice finds ! It's funny how sometimes those short hunts kick the heck out of the long ones .

Digger_O'Dell
05-19-2018, 12:09 AM
Nice finds! Last item is a bridal rosette. Decorative piece over the buckles.

Oneil1979
05-19-2018, 06:43 AM
Nice finds! Last item is a bridal rosette. Decorative piece over the buckles.
Thank you for the ID, I had a feeling based on the rectangular pin on the back, I have found lead pieces of them before but never the entire thing and the ones ive seen found are usually decorated this one is plain. Thank you again.

Lodge Scent
05-19-2018, 10:12 AM
Nice hunt! I do love finding skeleton keys with that nice solid patina.

aloldstuff
05-19-2018, 11:41 AM
Always like to see skeleton keys posted....:thumbsup02:. Never dug a lead soldier, maybe someday??? Congrats on all your keepers.