PDA

View Full Version : Finds from the past week - more Large Cents & Relics

BTV Digger
05-21-2018, 06:35 PM
Hi folks,

Here's my finds from the past week - 2 hunts - 1 solo last Monday and a combo dig with my good friends Joe and Dan from Green Mountain Diggers yesterday. I got the 1930s era Mickey Mouse spoon, a '34 wheat and some marbles from a permission field I hadn't hit yet. Lots of overwhelming iron and few targets so moved back to my virgin site #2 I found a few weeks back just down the road. Hit that for a few hours and found a '34 Matron LC and plenty of buttons (no military this time). Those hunts were both last Monday. Yesterday Joe, Dan and I returned to that site and tore it up once more. We dug 6 more LCs (I got three) and other doo dads including a nice Jew Harp found by Joe and a Warranted Superior saw medallion that I found basically on the surface. My LCs included a worn '16 first date Matron, a holed and very worn 1810 Classic Head and a no-date KG 2. The hand shot at bottom shows the combined LCs we found on that hunt yesterday. This makes 15 coppers, a half reale and about 60 buttons so far from this field and it's got lots more to give up. We were still getting tons of targets in a new area and it looks as if there's another unmapped site in this field about 300 yards away. :cheesysmile: The farmer stopped by at that point and politely asked us to leave as they were getting ready to row and seed. Really nice guy, but ugh, bad timing. :( I'll have to wait until October now before I return and the corn is cut, though in a positive sense it's something to definitely look forward to! Thanks for looking.

John

calabash digger
05-21-2018, 08:37 PM
awesome finds!

Digger_O'Dell
05-22-2018, 05:24 AM
Looks like a lot of great finds, and the promise of a lot more come fall. The Mickey Mouse spoon is cool!

OxShoeDrew
05-22-2018, 08:18 AM
WOW, John! :drool::congrats:

Tony Two-Cent
05-22-2018, 12:52 PM
Lots of incredible finds, John! I love that 1930s Mickey Mouse spoon! :wow:

Too bad you have to vacate that dream field for the summer, but like you said, it gives you something to look forward to in the fall. You know there is more there!

:congrats:

Cheap Thrills
05-22-2018, 01:36 PM
:wow::congrats: A picture one could never get tired of looking at . Amazing stuff !

BTV Digger
05-22-2018, 04:37 PM
awesome finds!

Thanks Calabash!

Looks like a lot of great finds, and the promise of a lot more come fall. The Mickey Mouse spoon is cool!

Thanks man. Yeah, I really like the spoon. About the only thing decent I found in that field other than a few marbles and a lonely wheat.

WOW, John! :drool::congrats:

You said it Drew! Thanks!

Lots of incredible finds, John! I love that 1930s Mickey Mouse spoon! :wow:

Too bad you have to vacate that dream field for the summer, but like you said, it gives you something to look forward to in the fall. You know there is more there!

:congrats:

Thanks Tony! It's always nice to find a mix of nice older coins and relics.

:wow::congrats: A picture one could never get tired of looking at . Amazing stuff !

Thanks much! Lucky to have found this field, and also happy to share it with others. Always better to hunt with friends than alone all the time.

Bucknut
05-23-2018, 08:13 AM
Man what a great field! Awesome finds.

del
05-23-2018, 08:18 AM
:omg: you have been tearing it up John :cheering: great finds sir !

Lodge Scent
05-23-2018, 09:48 PM
Pretty darn good week there John. :congrats:

aloldstuff
05-24-2018, 06:22 AM
Great site you got there John. I hope that farmer is going to do a deep plowing. Some very impressive totals so far also. Like Arnold says "I'll be back".

Digger Don
05-24-2018, 09:06 AM
Wow!! Simply amazing!!!
Congrats on all those awesome finds!!
If you ever see a grey Honda Civic following you to one of your sites, it will be me. :lolsign:
Great Job John!!

BTV Digger
05-27-2018, 07:03 PM
Man what a great field! Awesome finds.

Thanks man! Yeah, this field is insane. Two of the Draped Busts were literally sticking out of the ground right on the surface. Nuts.

:omg: you have been tearing it up John :cheering: great finds sir !

Thanks Dan. You have good foresight my friend in predicting a good year for me. Thanks for the good luck!

Pretty darn good week there John. :congrats:

Yeah, I'll take it Jeff. They can't all be that good.

Great site you got there John. I hope that farmer is going to do a deep plowing. Some very impressive totals so far also. Like Arnold says "I'll be back".

For sure Al! I left an 85 VDI in the field as we were walking back to the truck. Was tempted to dig it, but thought it was bad karma, ha ha. I'm 80% positive it's another copper, and mentally pictured where it was in relation to a telephone pole as I was walking away, so at least that one's a waiting for me when I return!

Wow!! Simply amazing!!!
Congrats on all those awesome finds!!
If you ever see a grey Honda Civic following you to one of your sites, it will be me. :lolsign:
Great Job John!!

Ha Ha. I'll flag you down if I see you!