PDA

View Full Version : Closed the day with my first Draped Bust Half Cent

BTV Digger
05-29-2018, 04:17 PM
Slow day today. Met several nice people, scored two permissions - and nothing but can slaw and some pottery frags. :( The old 1857 Walling Map said there was an old house on one of the spots I hit, but nothing was there - nada. Weird. By 200 pm time was running out so I went back to my virgin site #1 and spent only 45 minutes there before scoring my first Draped Bust half cent. :yes: After that I just headed home since it had been a long and slow day. It's an 1804, trust me, but the coin is nearly roasted so my energetic cleaning methods essentially wiped away most of the date and I couldn't get the camera at the perfect angle to show the remnants. Oh well - I'm happy I could get an ID. HH!

John

Digger_O'Dell
05-29-2018, 04:30 PM
Congrats on a bucket listed knocked out! Toasty or not, it's a great find!

Digger Don
05-29-2018, 05:07 PM
Great find. Toasty or not, it would make day for sure!!:congrats:

Cheap Thrills
05-29-2018, 05:35 PM
Congrats on an awesome find !

Cooper
05-29-2018, 08:57 PM
Nice!!!!

Oneil1979
05-29-2018, 09:04 PM
Haha energetic cleaning method:) yeah the drape busts can be stingy with the dates! Congrats on a positive id and date.

Lodge Scent
05-30-2018, 09:45 AM
Good work John. Half Cents are hard to come by.

rharris
05-30-2018, 10:25 AM
Awesome! Great find. Congrats!

aloldstuff
05-30-2018, 11:56 AM
Awesome bucket lister. If that's the only coin found consider it a great day. Not many are posted and congrats on your 1st.

OxShoeDrew
05-30-2018, 05:52 PM
Good work John. Half Cents are hard to come by. This is exactly what I was going to type :)
Al is right...not many posted. Huge congrats!!

The Rebel
05-30-2018, 06:44 PM
That's a great find! Still looking for my 1st 1/2 Cent.

BTV Digger
05-31-2018, 08:26 PM
Congrats on a bucket listed knocked out! Toasty or not, it's a great find!

Thanks. I'll definitely take it!

Great find. Toasty or not, it would make day for sure!!:congrats:

Thanks Don.

Congrats on an awesome find !

Thank you.

Nice!!!!

Yup, I'll take her!

Haha energetic cleaning method:) yeah the drape busts can be stingy with the dates! Congrats on a positive id and date.

Thanks. Yeah, this coin was really encrusted so took some work with the brillo to get some better detail to show on the bust.

Good work John. Half Cents are hard to come by.

Thanks Jeff. Yeah, was quite surprised. This field was across the street from the virgin site, and it's surprisingly really, really quiet. Only a few buttons found up to then. So I was expecting a memorial penny or something.

Awesome! Great find. Congrats!

Thanks much!

Awesome bucket lister. If that's the only coin found consider it a great day. Not many are posted and congrats on your 1st.

Thanks Al. Yeah, I'll take it. Just a weird day. Lots of work getting permissions and nothing to show for it. It was literally the only good target I dug all day. Strange how this hobby works.

This is exactly what I was going to type :)
Al is right...not many posted. Huge congrats!!

Thanks Drew! Very happy to have knocked a half cent off my bucket list. A VT Copper still ranks as #1.

That's a great find! Still looking for my 1st 1/2 Cent.

Thank you!