PDA

View Full Version : A Saturday Morning Hunt with the Guys

Digger Don
06-03-2018, 06:17 PM
Saturday, I met up with Tony Two-Cent and Noah for a few hours of hunting. We all did pretty well, but I'll let them tell their stories.

We started at an old courthouse. The finds were scarce, but I did manage a 1906 Indian and a couple of wheats. After that, we did a house across the street from the courthouse. Although silver was found there, it wasn't found by me. lol

The next house was a house that Noah and I have been trying to get into the last couple of weeks. Every time that we went there, no one has been home. This time when Noah went up to the door, they answered and told him yes!! This house was good to all of us! My first good coin was a worn 1920 merc, Maybe a half hour later I got that sweet sound of silver, I dug the plug and pulled out a beautiful 1917 Walking Liberty half dollar. Besides a few wheats, my last two finds were an 1899 V nickel and a sterling bracelet.
At noon Tony had to head home, so Noah and I hit another few houses before heading home. I think Tony must have bringing us good luck, because after he left the finds became very hard to come by the rest of the afternoon. Although, I did manage a couple of Rosies and three Clad Kennedy Halves. I ended up digging 13 wheats for the day.

Tony, I know it was last minute, but I'm so glad you were able to meet up with us!!!! :thumbsup02:

Noah
06-03-2018, 07:24 PM
Darn your V nickel is older than mine. :clapping:

Bucknut
06-03-2018, 08:16 PM
Man you even find clad halves! Great job again!

Digger_O'Dell
06-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Great hunting Don! Lots of silver as usual, and plenty of old copper. Well done! Can't wait till my work schedule eases up so I can get out with you guys again.

aloldstuff
06-04-2018, 04:52 AM
That first picture is quite impressive. Who finds 3 clad Kennedy's???? The 1906 IHP is very nice looking and has a great patina. Congrats on all your silvers.

Tony Two-Cent
06-04-2018, 02:16 PM
You certainly are a Half Dollar magnet, Don! :wow:

Thanks a million for inviting me. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad that I finally got to meet Noah. Congrats on all of your finds, especially the nice early Walker, the V Nickel and the sterling silver bracelet!

I was the only one who didn't get a half dollar, or an Indian Head. :crying01: Ha ha! I can't complain about my day though. Let's do it again soon!

:congrats:

OxShoeDrew
06-10-2018, 07:39 AM
Jeepers...I've only found two kennedy halves ever! That IH has an attractive color! Four half dollars in one hunt :shocked04:

Donnie B
06-10-2018, 12:12 PM
Beautiful Walker! Nice hunt!

MIKE54
06-10-2018, 12:15 PM
I'm with you Drew, I found like 3 clad Kennedys in my 6 years of metal detecting. That v-nickel should clean up nicely. All great finds!

BTV Digger
06-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Wow Don! Man, you are the king of the half dollars this year sir! What a wonderful early Walker.

John

wisconsin digger
06-12-2018, 11:19 AM
Great hunt again Don. I think I had one hunt last year where I found 3 Clad halves which was really weird. I believe I have found 29 and only 1 was a 40%. More than 1 in any hunt is an oddity. Great finds