PDA

View Full Version : The Cellar Hole of Dreams!

Donnie B
06-04-2018, 07:12 PM
I still can't believe it happened even though the evidence is sitting right next to me on my desk. Yesterday, Danny and myself, along with two other friends(Dave and Jim), hit a couple of cellar holes on a nice cool day in June. It would have been my Father's 85th Birthday. I think he may have been watching the fun. I won't spoil it for Danny but he dug something great. I will let him tell you about it. I also dug something great. I dug my very FIRST 1789 George Washington Inaugural Button! That's not all. After that, I dug a SECOND George Washington Inaugural! That's still not all. I also dug a fragment of a THIRD GW Button! All three are the Heraldic Eagle with Estoile variety said to be favored by troops who served under General Washington in The Revolutionary War.644036440464405

Digger_O'Dell
06-04-2018, 08:02 PM
That's just incredible, well done!

Full Metal Digger
06-04-2018, 08:03 PM
Wow, congratulations! They are going to look awesome in your display case. HH, Dave.

Lodge Scent
06-04-2018, 08:59 PM
:wow: Beyond cool! Heck of a hunt !

rharris
06-05-2018, 03:13 AM
That is fantastic! What a treasure! Congrats!

Jeff (or)
06-05-2018, 06:53 AM
excellent! a big congrats!

Oneil1979
06-05-2018, 08:00 AM
What a dream hunt! Now put one back for someone else to find:cheesysmile:

Bucknut
06-05-2018, 08:14 AM
When you titled this "Cellar hole of Dreams" then I knew it had to be pretty good. I agree that is a dream cellar hole! WOW!

del
06-05-2018, 08:15 AM
"What a day ":perfect10: I felt like I was detecting with Oprah Winfrey !!:lol: seriously Donnie huge congratulations on finding (not one but) two GW inaugural buttons , I 'm very happy for you it was one of the most exciting days detecting I've had in a long time with lots of laughs . Show 'em off with pride , you earned them !

p.s. that hat make my butt look big ??

Donnie B
06-05-2018, 09:08 AM
"What a day ":perfect10: I felt like I was detecting with Oprah Winfrey !!:lol: seriously Donnie huge congratulations on finding (not one but) two GW inaugural buttons , I 'm very happy for you it was one of the most exciting days detecting I've had in a long time with lots of laughs . Show 'em off with pride , you earned them !

p.s. that hat make my butt look big ??

Thank you Danny! Thank you for finding the site. Thank you for making my dreams come true. Thank you for being the best friend a guy could have.

P.S. - Yes, that hat makes your butt look huge!!!

OxShoeDrew
06-05-2018, 01:08 PM
:omg:You guys killed it! I think I heard the GWs were sold in sets of five. There must be a half a button still there :lol:
Were they close in proximity? I'd say a large GW is at the top of my wish list. Wonderful!!!

Cheap Thrills
06-05-2018, 02:15 PM
:congrats::perfect10:

del
06-05-2018, 03:53 PM
I don't know if Dave was going to post the video here or not so here it is (I apologize for a couple of expletives , the excitement got a hold of a couple us :embarrassed: and Dave doesn't know how to bleep them out :yes:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnHqD6nIX7E

Thank you Danny! Thank you for finding the site. Thank you for making my dreams come true. Thank you for being the best friend a guy could have.

Anytime my friend , anytime .

P.S. - Yes, that hat makes your butt look huge!!!

:rofl: I appreciate the honesty :lolsign:

BTV Digger
06-05-2018, 07:59 PM
Wow Donnie! 2 1/2 GWs in one hunt? Amazing! Still waiting for my first.

John

Donnie B
06-06-2018, 06:08 AM
:omg:You guys killed it! I think I heard the GWs were sold in sets of five. There must be a half a button still there :lol:
Were they close in proximity? I'd say a large GW is at the top of my wish list. Wonderful!!!

I've also heard they were sold in sets of four so there could be three and a half more! The buttons were spread out in probably a 30 square yard area. Why did he lose so many?

P.S. - Does this hat make my head look huge?

aloldstuff
06-07-2018, 04:18 PM
Great hunting all of you....look at the smiles in that picture. Huge congrats on those GW buttons, something all of us dream about. :thumbsup02::groovy::notworthy::perfect10:

calabash digger
06-08-2018, 06:23 AM
I think I just saw a guy who is gonna be on the cover of a magazine again! congrats that's awesome...

Donnie B
07-13-2018, 10:09 AM

Drew, I was reading Cobb last night and he recounted two different instances where five GW's were found together. I think in one instance they were found in a storage trunk in an attic (in a burlap bag) and in the other they were found together in a hollowed out tree.

I think I just saw a guy who is gonna be on the cover of a magazine again! congrats that's awesome...

I wrote an article for Western and Eastern Treasures. I hope it gets published. I also entered the Best Finds for 2018. We will see what happens!